A plea for help...

FatErik

Aug 30, 2012, 10:16:57 PM8/30/12
to renaissanced-...@googlegroups.com
I need some help w/ my next project and thought that I would plead my case here.  My next project will be a 1973 Raleigh Super Course.

I would like to replace the derailleurs, shifters, cranks and bottom bracket.  The Simplex derailleurs are junk, the front one is cracked.  The matching shifters are less than impressive.  The cottered cranks aren't that bad but I would like to upgrade to something a little better.  Of course replacing the cranks implies replacing the bottom bracket. The other thing that I need is a new axle for the rear Normandy hub.

I would really like to get some matching components and was wondering if anyone had some stuff lying around that they would like to unload.  Maybe we can make a deal.  I'm sort of looking for a bargain here.  I'm certainly willing to pay a little bit I don't think that this bike warrants a whole lot.  I was thinking about something like Shimano 600 or Suntour Cyclone stuff.

Martin Moomaw

Aug 31, 2012, 5:14:52 PM8/31/12
to FatErik, renaissanced-...@googlegroups.com
Wish I could help. I tend to hoard both those lines. At the moment though, I have a stash of 600 hubs only,  and a single cyclone rd, which is earmarked for the roadbike.