remuco on palm

spmp

Jan 14, 2011, 12:44:22 AM1/14/11
to remuco
I am attempting to get remuco working on a Palm Tungsten T3.
Obviousley it is not...
I have installed the IBM JVM 7.5.2, and some random midp.
I could not find a CLDC install. IS this part of the IBM Java?
I managed to install remuco.{jad,jar} by copoying them to my
webserver,
and they installed fine it seems. Runnig the app gives me a monster
error which i cannot copy here, but I can give some keywords:

java.lang.illegalArgumentException
at
javax.microedition.ldcui.ImageItem.checkValidity(unknown Source)
at
blah...

Any ideas?
Cheers.

Oben

Jan 15, 2011, 3:20:49 PM1/15/11
to remuco
A monster error is far better then the error information provided most
other phones: none ;)

So, it looks like the error is an exception traceback .. here it would
be good to know the last lines which mention some Remuco-related code
(if there is one).

Jasper Mackenzie

Jan 15, 2011, 4:24:20 PM1/15/11
to rem...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 09:20:49 +1300, Oben <oben...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> A monster error is far better then the error information provided most
> other phones: none ;)

Great so were off to a good start 8)

> So, it looks like the error is an exception traceback .. here it would
> be good to know the last lines which mention some Remuco-related code
> (if there is one).

>> java.lang.illegalArgumentException
>> at
>> javax.microedition.ldcui.ImageItem.checkValidity(unknown Source)
>> at
>> blah...

javax.microedition.Icdui.ImageItem.<init>(Unknown Source)
at o.<init>(Unknown Source)
at bu.<init>(Unknown Source)
at remuco.Entry.startApp(Unknown Source)
at javax.microedition.midlet.MIDletAccessor.startApp(Unknown Source)
at javaxmicroedition.IcduiAppManager$1.run(Unknown Source)

and thats it...
I will see if there is any more debugging that can be done.

Cheers.

Jasper Mackenzie

Jan 15, 2011, 4:29:42 PM1/15/11
to rem...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 09:20:49 +1300, Oben <oben...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> A monster error is far better then the error information provided most
> other phones: none ;)

The java vm lets me add loads of options to running remuco. -debug didnt
work (in fact the app didnt even start).
If there are any others I can add let me know please.

Fabien Carrion

Jan 16, 2011, 11:58:52 AM1/16/11
to rem...@googlegroups.com

Jasper Mackenzie

Jan 16, 2011, 4:20:23 PM1/16/11
to rem...@googlegroups.com
So no hope?
Cheers

Jasper

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 05:58:52 +1300, Fabien Carrion
<fabien....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> It seems to me (I am not sure 100%) that the IBM JVM is a normal
> computer jvm. Right now you are trying to use the jme client. It could
> not work.
>
> Having a normal JVM client of remuco could be very cool. We could have a
> client from one computer to access an another computer.
>
> Thanks
>
> On 01/15/2011 03:29 PM, Jasper Mackenzie wrote:
>> On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 09:20:49 +1300, Oben <oben...@googlemail.com>

<snip>