A player adapter for Gmusicbrowser

sayanriju

Nov 24, 2010, 2:12:24 AM11/24/10
to remuco
Hi!

My favorite music player happens to be Gmusicbrowser : http://gmusicbrowser.org

I have written a simple player adapter for it : http://marchlinux.pastebin.com/0uY6ckgB

It is not as feature-filled as some other browsers, but that is owed
to the fact that the player itself doesn't expose much of the
functionalities through its dbus API. However, basic controls like
pause/play, volume control and seeking have been implemented.

Oben Sonne

Nov 26, 2010, 3:55:40 PM11/26/10
to rem...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for contributing!

The adapter looks good at first glance. I'll test it and give some
feedback within the next days.

Cheers,
Oben

sayanriju

Nov 27, 2010, 4:54:17 AM11/27/10
to remuco
Here's a minor update:
https://gist.github.com/717636

Now the adapter can start even if the gmusicbrowser player itself is
not running.

On Nov 27, 1:55 am, Oben Sonne <obenso...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for contributing!
>
> The adapter looks good at first glance. I'll test it and give some
> feedback within the next days.
>
> Cheers,
> Oben

Oben

Dec 12, 2010, 5:02:08 PM12/12/10
to remuco
Hi Sayan,

though I had not time to test your adapter, it looks good in theory -
I'm sure you've done enough tests ;-)

Please create a fork of the Remuco repository at GitHub (or BitBucket)
and provide your changes there. Then I'll pull and merge them into the
mainline - for me it is the more comfortable way. Additionally, that
way the history clearly states you as an author and it's easier for
you to contribute possible future changes.

Cheers,
Oben