Bitbucket and Github synchronization

Igor Almeida

Dec 6, 2009, 8:52:51 PM12/6/09
to rem...@googlegroups.com
Oben,

I was about to start using git to add a few things but just noticed
the git mirror is outdated. The latest equivalent revision is
4119da71c0e3 (hg) === 61721e72c58e142ff6ed377e449c9c46f2dd26a2.
We can set up commit hooks in both git and mercurial to make this
seamless. I'd have to study a bit how that would work with branches,
but it shouldn't be too painful. Do you need help with that?

--
Igor Almeida

Oben

Dec 7, 2009, 4:39:05 AM12/7/09
to remuco
??? The Git mirror is up to date.

I already use some local hooks which automatically push to GitHub
whenever I push to Google or BitBucket. So there is only a small time
window in which GitHub might not be in sync.

Latest at BitBucket: http://bitbucket.org/obensonne/remuco/changeset/a6b394f08dd9/
Latest at GitHub: http://github.com/obensonne/remuco/commit/40ae4e9a318fb41f271b3450336c11be6b19df64

The hash numbers differ, but the source content is in sync. I
currently have no access to the Mercurial repository used to sync to
GitHub, so I cannot say right now how the hg-git tool copes with
diverged hash numbers when there are new changes in the git mirror.
I'll check this tonight.

Igor Almeida

Dec 7, 2009, 8:34:26 AM12/7/09
to rem...@googlegroups.com