[remuco] Remuco-Tray

André Vitor

May 21, 2010, 2:09:10 PM5/21/10
to remuco, tuto...@las.ic.unicamp.br
Hi, people,
We're the Librix Team, who develop a brazilian gentoo based linux
distro and its mainly tools, like librix-installer, a installer
assistant to gentoo, TPM, the binary package manager of librix, and
some tools to help us on our work.
We got very interested with remuco project, but we think its a little
bit difficult to final users to start the remuco daemon on command
line. Then, we started a sub project, called Remuco-Tray, written in
PyQt, that is, basically, a notification tray icon, that monitors the
supported players running, and starts the corresponding remuco's
daemon. And we want to share this tool with the remuco team. Remuco-
Tray is still a very new project, but already works very well with
remuco. We're waiting for your suggestion and criticism. The git
repository is: git://deathstar/git/source/app-misc/remuco-tray . The
ebuild to install it in gentoo is located at
http://librixdev.las.ic.unicamp.br/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=ebuilds/librix-dev.git;a=tree;f=app-misc/remuco-tray;hb=HEAD
.

Thanks

André Vitor

May 21, 2010, 8:20:53 PM5/21/10
to remuco
Sorry, we send the wrong links.
Follow the rights:

GIT: git://librixdev.las.ic.unicamp.br/git/source/app-misc/remuco-tray
GitWeb: http://librixdev.las.ic.unicamp.br/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=source/app-misc/remuco-tray.git;a=summary
Git Head: http://librixdev.las.ic.unicamp.br/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=ebuilds/librix-dev.git;a=tree;f=app-misc/remuco-tray;hb=HEAD

Thanks.

On 21 maio, 15:09, André Vitor <andre.vma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, people,
> We're the Librix Team, who develop a brazilian gentoo based linux
> distro and its mainly tools, like librix-installer, a installer
> assistant to gentoo, TPM, the binary package manager of librix, and
> some tools to help us on our work.
> We got very interested with remuco project, but we think its a little
> bit difficult to final users to start the remuco daemon on command
> line. Then, we started a sub project, called Remuco-Tray, written in
> PyQt, that is, basically, a notification tray icon, that monitors the
> supported players running, and starts the corresponding remuco's
> daemon. And we want to share this tool with the remuco team. Remuco-
> Tray is still a very new project, but already works very well with
> remuco. We're waiting for your suggestion and criticism. The git
> repository is: git://deathstar/git/source/app-misc/remuco-tray . The
> ebuild to install it in gentoo is located athttp://librixdev.las.ic.unicamp.br/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=ebuilds/libri...

tekknokrat

May 22, 2010, 3:00:09 PM5/22/10
to remuco
Sounds like an interesting idea. I'll give it try on my Ubuntu laptop.
What are the build dependencies?

On May 21, 8:09 pm, André Vitor <andre.vma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, people,
> We're the Librix Team, who develop a brazilian gentoo based linux
> distro and its mainly tools, like librix-installer, a installer
> assistant to gentoo, TPM, the binary package manager of librix, and
> some tools to help us on our work.
> We got very interested with remuco project, but we think its a little
> bit difficult to final users to start the remuco daemon on command
> line. Then, we started a sub project, called Remuco-Tray, written in
> PyQt, that is, basically, a notification tray icon, that monitors the
> supported players running, and starts the corresponding remuco's
> daemon. And we want to share this tool with the remuco team. Remuco-
> Tray is still a very new project, but already works very well with
> remuco. We're waiting for your suggestion and criticism. The git
> repository is: git://deathstar/git/source/app-misc/remuco-tray . The
> ebuild to install it in gentoo is located athttp://librixdev.las.ic.unicamp.br/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=ebuilds/libri...

André Vitor

May 22, 2010, 10:58:19 PM5/22/10
to rem...@googlegroups.com
Hi, tekknokrat. There are some few dependencies: Python 2.x and [Py]Qt4, that I remember now.
Execute: ./remuco-tray -local ; on src directory, to local execute, or install it with: python setup.py install ; to install on system, and execute remuco-tray (or the respective remuco-tray.desktop) to execute it on the system.
--
/-=| Δ ŋ đ г Σ |=-\ «» ♫♫♫
http://www.google.com/profiles/andre.vmatos

tekknokrat

May 25, 2010, 5:03:24 AM5/25/10
to remuco
Hi,

I have an issue to resolve git://librixdev.las.ic.unicamp.br/git/source/app-misc/remuco-tray
Seems the server is down.

On May 23, 4:58 am, André Vitor <andre.vma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, tekknokrat. There are some few dependencies: Python 2.x and [Py]Qt4,
> that I remember now.
> Execute: ./remuco-tray -local ; on src directory, to local execute, or
> install it with: python setup.py install ; to install on system, and execute
> remuco-tray (or the respective remuco-tray.desktop) to execute it on the
> system.
>
> > remuco+un...@googlegroups.com<remuco%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > .
> > groups.google.com/group/remuco?hl=en.
>
> > --
> > .

André Vitor de Lima Matos

May 25, 2010, 10:51:39 AM5/25/10
to rem...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, it's strange. Here, works fine.
http://www.selfseo.com/ping_test.php
and put librixdev.las.ic.unicamp.br
Seems online. If the problem persists, tell me, maybe a permission problem. Thnx
signature.asc

Otávio Pontes

May 25, 2010, 9:21:02 AM5/25/10
to rem...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 06:03, tekknokrat <gunnar_t...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an issue to resolve git://librixdev.las.ic.unicamp.br/git/source/app-misc/remuco-tray
> Seems the server is down.

Hi,
I work with André and I think i can help you.
Our server was not accessible last weekend because we had some
problems in our university internet link.
I recommend you to try again. Now everything seems to be working. Try:
git clone git://librixdev.las.ic.unicamp.br/git/source/app-misc/remuco-tray
. Another link you can try is: git clone
git://tutoo.las.ic.unicamp.br/git/source/app-misc/remuco-tray

tekknokrat

Jun 3, 2010, 6:09:40 AM6/3/10
to remuco
On May 25, 3:21 pm, Otávio Pontes <otavi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

thanks, the download with git went fine. Also the setup and basic
running of the app.
Just need to test with live setup and'l let you know.

Cheers!

André Vitor

Jun 7, 2010, 5:04:30 PM6/7/10
to remuco
Hello, everyone. We, of the Librix Dev Team, would like to announce
the 1.0 release of Remuco Tray. Thanks to those who tested, and
please, if possible, add a reference, or even include this in your
external git repositories. We hope this tool will contribute to the
project and the community.
Doubts, criticism, suggestions, etc, e-mail to
tuto...@las.ic.unicamp.br
Regards.
Links:
git://librixdev.las.ic.unicamp.br/git/source/app-misc/remuco-tray.git
http://librixdev.las.ic.unicamp.br/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=source/app-misc/remuco-tray.git;a=summary

Oben

Jun 7, 2010, 5:18:57 PM6/7/10
to remuco
Hi *,

sorry for the long delay in responding here. Unfortunately I had no
time yet to have a closer look at the tray tool but it sounds very
interesting. I'll get back to you within the next days with some more
detailed feedback. (So this mail is just to make clear that your
efforts are recognized :)

Cheers,
Oben

On Jun 7, 11:04 pm, André Vitor <andre.vma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, everyone. We, of the Librix Dev Team, would like to announce
> the 1.0 release of Remuco Tray. Thanks to those who tested, and
> please, if possible, add a reference, or even include this in your
> external git repositories. We hope this tool will contribute to the
> project and the community.
> Doubts, criticism, suggestions, etc, e-mail to
> tutoop...@las.ic.unicamp.br
> Regards.
> Links:
> git://librixdev.las.ic.unicamp.br/git/source/app-misc/remuco-tray.githttp://librixdev.las.ic.unicamp.br/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=source/app-mi...

André Vitor

Jun 9, 2010, 2:52:38 PM6/9/10
to rem...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Oben. Thanks for the reply. We hope to be helping as much as possible with this project, and you opinion and of the remuco's community is very important, specially because this tool that we developed isn't for us, first, but for the project and FOSS community. Thanks very much.

tekknokrat

Jun 23, 2010, 6:22:21 AM6/23/10
to remuco
Hi,

i tried further with the tray.
remuco-vlc and remuco-mpd are running but they not shown somehow in
the tray.
I have only these entries Pause / Install Jar / Exit in popup menu.
Can you give a few words how the tray works?

Thanks!
tekknokrat
> > remuco+un...@googlegroups.com<remuco%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > .

André Vitor

Jun 23, 2010, 9:03:50 AM6/23/10
to rem...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Tekknokrat. The Remuco-Tray works starting automatically the properly remuco daemon according with the player running. It monitors the running process, and when find a supported player, start the remuco-? daemon. Remuco-tray have two modes: Running and Paused. Running, it will start the daemons, and stop when the player closes. Clicking on the icon, or in Pause, it will close the running daemons and stop the monitoring.
Update to the last git version, some bugfixes and improvements.
Thanks for you feedback.
T+

Oben

Jun 29, 2010, 2:22:47 PM6/29/10
to remuco
Hi André,

I could not yet test the tray app since it seems to require a QT/KDE
based desktop environment (I'm using GNOME). Anyway, do you mind
setting up a wiki page at http://code.google.com/p/remuco/w/list about
the tray tool with some information about targeted distributions,
requirements and installation instructions? Would be great. Once this
is done, I'll add a link to this page within the GettingStarted
instructions.

Thanks,
Oben

On Jun 23, 3:03 pm, André Vitor <andre.vma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, Tekknokrat. The Remuco-Tray works starting automatically the properly
> remuco daemon according with the player running. It monitors the running
> process, and when find a supported player, start the remuco-? daemon.
> Remuco-tray have two modes: Running and Paused. Running, it will start the
> daemons, and stop when the player closes. Clicking on the icon, or in Pause,
> it will close the running daemons and stop the monitoring.
> Update to the last git version, some bugfixes and improvements.
> Thanks for you feedback.
> T+

Oben

Jun 29, 2010, 2:25:56 PM6/29/10
to remuco
@André: I've just added you as a Remuco project member to give you
wiki edit permissions.

tekknokrat

Jul 1, 2010, 9:53:45 AM7/1/10
to remuco
Hi,

the only dependency is pyqt (arch) or python-qt (debian) which will
also work fine within gnome desktops. Kde is not necessary.
But +1 for a gtk implementation because its more spreaded.

2 small issues.
I have running mpd and vlc (http interface btw.).
When i start remuco-tray it only detects vlc and starts remuco-vlc by
magic. Mpd is ignored, also when running standalone.
Running remuco-mpd manual works fine.
How would the tray handle programs like mplayer, which can't be
started in an idle mode?

André Vitor

Jul 3, 2010, 4:25:59 PM7/3/10
to rem...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Tekknokrat. Thnx for the replay. About a gtk frontend, we make the GUI in Qt 'cause is our speciallity.  I haven't a lot of experience with pygtk. But I hope the program was made in a clear coding, that allow a relatively easy port to pygtk by a expert on this.
About MPD, is a little bug. I'll fix it on the next sub release, remuco-tray 1.0.1. Thnx for the warn.
And about the mplayer, the remuco-tray isn't responsible for the fine-tunning needed to make remuco-mplayer work with mplayer, but will start it whenever the mplayer program be found running by the user, like the other supported players.
If someone want to help the translate of remuco-tray interface, we'll be very much grateful. The .pot files are distributed with the sourcecode on the git repos. If you translate to your lang, please send us this file, and we'll be happy to include your name on the traslate sourcecode and about dialog.
Again, thanks very much for the replay. And we hope to be abble to helping the FOSS community.
Reggards,
Librix-Dev Team.

typek_pb

Aug 22, 2010, 1:54:36 AM8/22/10
to remuco
hi all,

I think it's a great idea to have tray for remuco.

What I'd like to ask you is whether someone here could create debian/
ubuntu package (as I already discussed with remuco authors here:
http://code.google.com/p/remuco/issues/detail?id=116&q=type%3DFeature&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Component%20Stars%20Summary),
as there already is a ppa for ubuntu enabling very easy install on
ubuntu.

This would make life of those willing to use remuco-tray on ubuntu
much easier (and probably for you also wider instalbase).

thanks

Peter B.