How to contribute

put...@ukr.net

Dec 11, 2013, 1:41:03 PM12/11/13
to remo...@googlegroups.com
Hi, guys.
I find your app really nice, in fact I had the same app idea recently until I found your implementation.
Now I'd like to play a bit with it and try several ideas I have. I see svn access is readonly, so please tell me how I can participate in the project development: should I send a patch to you to check and commit it to repository?

Actually I have several ideas on UI and usability of the app: mainly about accelerometer mouse simulation mode:
I think this feature should work differently, but I'm not sure yet it is possible to make it work just like a real mouse do (well, it is obviously hard and hardly implementable, but maybe with some tradeoffs it would still be usable).
The main idea is to detect not only horizontal accelerations but also vertical ones and change the logics so that it is possible to drag mouse in the air without cursor movements (when you detach it from the table), while detect the mouse stopped moving down (onto a table) and start moving cursor again. Also, as mentioned in your todo list, the algorithm of accelerations handling is not so good itself now.
I would also detect the users hand with the help of a proximity sensor (of course, the device should lay upside down on a table for this and this leads us to the next UI idea :) ).
I think the user interface may be slightly simplified, as well as the way of how the preferences (setup) screen is accessed, as well as the three buttons below: we may use device interface orientation to change the application state, we should also show the user (maybe every time the app starts or is activated) the fact that he needs to rotate the device and put his hand on it in order for it to start working as a mouse.
One more thing that definitely needs to be implemented is Bluetooth LE connection instead of wifi. You know, new iOS can serve as a Bluetooth LE accessory and there is no need to sign anything with Apple.

Hope the authors of the project are still interested in it (I see there is no activity for a long time already).

Let's make peoples life better together!