Doesn't Seem To Work

Casey Ramos

Feb 1, 2010, 1:08:17 PM2/1/10
to RemotePad
I was really interested in using RemotePad, but it sort of looks like
it doesn't work!

I use windows on this computer, and I finally found my IP address. I
entered exactly what I saw, but it kept saying that the connection
refused. I already read the FAQ on that, but nothing seems to explain
why.

I'd really like to learn how to use this, but the application's just
not working, apparently. Please help!

Thank you for your time and effort.
Casey

John Kaufmann

Feb 1, 2010, 8:11:30 PM2/1/10
to RemotePad
make sure you enter :xxxx (port number) too

MarkHarmer

Feb 12, 2010, 5:48:37 AM2/12/10
to RemotePad
Silly question, but did you install the server on your pc? You have to
do this to get it to work (I didn't know that and had the same initial
experience as you did). Once you do that (and allow it if you get a
firewall warning on your pc) then it runs in the system tray and you
can take over the mouse anytime.

Mark