[RemotePad 503] Control/Alt/Shift/Function keys

sabernar

Apr 27, 2010, 1:31:48 AM4/27/10
to RemotePad
How would I go about adding the Control/Alt/Shift/Function keys? I
see that there are key codes defined in Event.h (kKeycodeShift, etc.),
but how would I transmit a CONTROL-H for example?

sabernar

May 3, 2010, 5:31:24 PM5/3/10
to RemotePad
Is there anyone monitoring this last? This is a pretty
straightforward question, and I'd to be able to do this. I'd even be
willing to create a patch and submit it if I can get a little help.

Thanks,

Rui Paulo

May 3, 2010, 7:26:13 PM5/3/10
to remo...@googlegroups.com

On 27 Apr 2010, at 06:31, sabernar wrote:

> How would I go about adding the Control/Alt/Shift/Function keys? I
> see that there are key codes defined in Event.h (kKeycodeShift, etc.),
> but how would I transmit a CONTROL-H for example?

To do this, the UI needs to be changed and you need to add a Ctrl button because the iPhone virtual keyboard doesn't have one.

Regards,
--
Rui Paulo

Shawn Bernard

May 3, 2010, 8:42:13 PM5/3/10
to remo...@googlegroups.com
Right. I understand I'd have to add a button, but how would I send the
keystroke combination through to the RemotePad Server?

Sent from my iPhone

sabernar

May 18, 2010, 11:56:48 PM5/18/10
to RemotePad
Any help on this?

-S

On May 3, 5:42 pm, Shawn Bernard <sha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Right. I understand I'd have to add a button, but how would I send the
> keystroke combination through to the RemotePad Server?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On May 3, 2010, at 4:26 PM, Rui Paulo <rpa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On 27 Apr 2010, at 06:31, sabernar wrote:
>
> >> How would I go about adding the Control/Alt/Shift/Function keys?  I
> >> see that there are key codes defined in Event.h (kKeycodeShift,
> >> etc.),
> >> but how would I transmit a CONTROL-H for example?
>
> > To do this, the UI needs to be changed and you need to add a Ctrl
> > button because the iPhone virtual keyboard doesn't have one.
>
> > Regards,
> > --
> > Rui Paulo

Tim Rizzo

May 19, 2010, 10:05:43 AM5/19/10
to RemotePad
http://hipporemote.com/basic did a good job on adding function keys to
the keyboard.

greetings,
.tiM*

I just love RemotePad. It's so simple.

Tim Rizzo

May 19, 2010, 10:06:35 AM5/19/10
to RemotePad
I'd really like to see this feature. If you need button design,
contact me.

Shawn Bernard

May 19, 2010, 12:10:50 PM5/19/10
to remo...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I see that HippoRemote does all those things, but how do they do it? What key commands are they sending the client-side server to simulate the function/arrow/etc. keys? Does anyone have any idea? I'd love to contribute it as a patch if I could get a little initial help with this.

Thanks!

-S

sabernar

Jun 1, 2010, 10:22:46 AM6/1/10
to RemotePad
Still no help on this?

On May 19, 9:10 am, Shawn Bernard <sha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I see that HippoRemote does all those things, but how do they do it? What key commands are they sending the client-side server to simulate the function/arrow/etc. keys?  Does anyone have any idea?  I'd love to contribute it as a patch if I could get a little initial help with this.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -S
>
> On May 19, 2010, at 7:05 AM, Tim Rizzo wrote:
>

> >http://hipporemote.com/basicdid a good job on adding function keys to

Barry Carlyon

Jun 2, 2010, 10:25:19 AM6/2/10
to remo...@googlegroups.com
Whats wrong with the app as it is?

Its a mouse, it doesnt need to do anything else.
Just get VNC if you want to send keypresses.
Barry Carlyon
Student Radio Association Regional Rep. North East/Yorkshire
LUU Media Rep
Webmaster LSRfm.com, Leeds Student, LUUBackstage, Action, BurnFM

http://www.barrycarlyon.co.uk
http://www.lsrfm.com
http://www.lsweb.org.uk

mobile: 07729048443
office: 01133801280
skype: barrycarlyon
email: ba...@barrycarlyon.co.uk
live help: barryc...@hotmail.co.uk

And Contains the Views of Barry Carlyon ONLY

Shawn Bernard

Jun 2, 2010, 11:30:48 AM6/2/10
to remo...@googlegroups.com
Are you kidding me? That's a horrible attitude to have. You haven't the slightest idea what I'm interested in doing. I ask for some help and you're response is "the app is good enough as it is"? Why bother with open source if you're not interested in sharing and extending and improving? Why not just use a mouse then?  Black and white TV worked, why bother inventing color TV?  Horses got you from place to place, why invent the automobile?

Sheesh.

Barry Carlyon

Jun 2, 2010, 11:37:41 AM6/2/10
to remo...@googlegroups.com
You've miss construded my point.
My point is there is nothing wrong with updating the app, but I don't need RemotePad to have a ctrl key, whenever I need the ctrl key, I'm either in front of the machine, or on VNC anyway.

Literally every week I see someone posting to this list wanting more, when there are other more appropriate apps out there...

Barry

Shawn Bernard

Jun 2, 2010, 11:46:21 AM6/2/10
to remo...@googlegroups.com
Like I said, you haven't the slightest idea what I'm trying to do. If you don't know how to do it, then just don't reply. but don't post and tell me that the app is fine the way it is and I should use VNC instead when VNC isn't even an option because it's not related in the slightest to what I'm doing.

Barry Carlyon

Jun 2, 2010, 12:52:48 PM6/2/10
to remo...@googlegroups.com
Well what are you trying to do?
Why is VNC not an option.

There is no need to be so abrasive.

Shawn Bernard

Jun 2, 2010, 12:55:50 PM6/2/10
to remo...@googlegroups.com
I'm not at liberty to divulge what I'm working on.

You are aware that RemotePad includes a keyboard that sends keystrokes to the RemotePad Server, right? All I'm trying to do is do a small extension to it so that I can send Control characters and Function keys.

Wontolla

Jul 24, 2010, 3:33:28 PM7/24/10
to RemotePad
I'm interested in this too. Ideally I'd like to know how to send the
keystroke with either a Shift, Ctrl,Command or Alt modifier attached.
I've been pulling the app apart for a personal project and this is
kind of the last thing I need to find.