Features + Bug

1 view

David Andrews

Sep 29, 2009, 2:19:27 PM9/29/09
to RemotePad
I started using RemotePad to connect to my Mac Mini after running into
a lot of bugs with Rowmote Pro. Noticed a few things that would be
great to have (including some that have already been mentioned), as
well one bug.

Features:
- Save list of IP Addresses/Hostnames that you have successfully
connected to in the past
- Create an auto-connect option for a selected server
- Attempt to auto-reconnect when the connection is broken and show
alert only after 'X' failed attempts
- Get rid of the 'Connected!' message as you know you're connected
when the screen changes to the pad
- Media controls (+/- volume, rewind/fast forward).... possibly as a
plugin?
- Instead of the one/three finger tap to show/hide the status menu,
use shake or as someone else mentioned three-finger touch? >> the
tapping doesn't work if you have Clicking by Tapping enabled (for me
at least)

* * *

Bug:
- When connected, if I lock my iPhone and wait for a few minutes I get
the following error message:

'Error from stream! System Message: Operation could not be completed.
Socket is not connected >> Continue'

In the list of servers I see both my Mac Mini *and* my iPhone
(briefly), then the iPhone disappears and I can reconnect by clicking
on the Mac Mini server.

* * *

Overall great app and I appreciate your hard work!

Barry Carlyon

Sep 29, 2009, 3:52:41 PM9/29/09
to remo...@googlegroups.com
I think that first bug is a iPhone limitation, VNC on the iPhone drops after locked for a bit

2009/9/29 David Andrews <write...@gmail.com>

Barry Carlyon
Student Radio Association Regional Rep. North East/Yorkshire
LUU Media Rep
Webmaster LSRfm.com, Leeds Student, LUUBackstage, Action, BurnFM

http://www.barrycarlyon.co.uk
http://www.lsrfm.com
http://www.lsweb.org.uk

mobile: 07729048443
office: 01133801280
skype: barrycarlyon
email: ba...@barrycarlyon.co.uk
live help: barryc...@hotmail.co.uk

And Contains the Views of Barry Carlyon ONLY

Rui Paulo

Oct 1, 2009, 12:39:28 PM10/1/09
to remo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On 29 Sep 2009, at 19:19, David Andrews wrote:
> Bug:
> - When connected, if I lock my iPhone and wait for a few minutes I get
> the following error message:
>
> 'Error from stream! System Message: Operation could not be completed.
> Socket is not connected >> Continue'
>
> In the list of servers I see both my Mac Mini *and* my iPhone
> (briefly), then the iPhone disappears and I can reconnect by clicking
> on the Mac Mini server.

When you lock your iPhone, the wireless network (WiFi) will be shut
down after a while. This means that all connections made via WiFi will
drop.

All you can do is turn off the auto-lock feature of the iPhone.

--
Rui Paulo