Issue with the Web Receciver

K3AXR

Jan 3, 2010, 7:22:23 PM1/3/10
to Amateur Radio Station Remoting
I downloaded the web receiver software and the update as instructed on
the website. When I ran it for the first time it didn’t come up with
config file info as the website said it would. When I run it it
doesn’t seem to work properly. I got a password from KA1CDE. When I
hit the login button it stays red for a few seconds then stops.
Doesn’t say I’m connected, doesn’t give me the logoff option and I
hear nothing. I’ve talked to him on the phone and his system shows me
connected but I can do nothing using the web receiver.

Any thoughts as to what might be going on?

ROBve6ccl

Jan 3, 2010, 8:38:01 PM1/3/10

On Jan 4, 12:22 am, K3AXR <dellpal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Any thoughts as to what might be going on?

This happens to users on our remote sometimes
It seems to be a bounce. double click. when you click login: if
it turns red and than brown right away
just click it again and but only once. This may solve your problem

Some times one has to restart audio again/

Just a sign of a slow internet connection

Rob VE6CCL
Admin for CARA IRB;s

K3AXR

Jan 3, 2010, 9:02:35 PM1/3/10
to Amateur Radio Station Remoting
I tried this and still nothing. None of the controls seem to work.
When I press the Start Audio or Restart Radio buttons they do not
respond. The only button that responds is the dial to change
frequency. I downloaded the full receiver software then the update as
instructed. Is there something else I need to download? As I said, the
receiver I was trying to use shows me at his location as logged in but
on a different freq. than mine shows. It just doesn't seem to be
working at all.

ROBve6ccl

Jan 3, 2010, 11:22:30 PM1/3/10
to Amateur Radio Station Remoting
some other things to check

have you selected your sound type? are you using IRBSsound

are the required ports un blocked, windows usually opens it at your
end automatically but you may have to set up your router

Rob Ve6ccl

W4MQ - Stan

Jan 4, 2010, 6:43:34 AM1/4/10
to remot...@googlegroups.com
Are you sure the IP/URL is correct? As noted the only problem we have had
with Connect is button issues where it Connects then Disconnects.

Please clarify the "config file info as the website said it would". This
does not seem right? I assume the bottom bar says KA1CCDE is "Avaialble"
when you start the connect process.

Stan W4MQ

Dell Palmer

Jan 4, 2010, 7:47:13 AM1/4/10
to remot...@googlegroups.com
Stan,
Thanks for the response. I know I have the proper IP/URL because KA1CDE sees me and at his end I'm shown as logged int. The panel at the bottom left is green but says "checking status". None of the buttons seem to work. I press the login button and apparently it logs me into his system but I get no recognition of that on my end. I tried to find the reference to the "config" file again but couldn't find it.
Dell K3AXR

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 6:43 AM, W4MQ - Stan <w4...@verizon.net> wrote:
Are you sure the IP/URL is correct?  As noted the only problem we have had
with Connect is button issues where it Connects then Disconnects.

Please clarify the "config file info as the website said it would".  This
does not seem right?  I assume the bottom bar says KA1CCDE is "Avaialble"
when you start the connect process.

Stan W4MQ

W4MQ - Stan

Jan 4, 2010, 9:21:58 AM1/4/10
to remot...@googlegroups.com
There is no config file that you can edit for the Webxcvr.

Do you see the yellow "Avail" indicator for KA1CDE before you log in.  The login is very simple, but depends upon two way messaging both 'to' the Host (which apparently works since it logs you in) and 'from' the Host.  This latter may not be working and that would be due to a problem at the Host and not the client.  If you see the yellos 'Avail" then this is very strange, but if you did not, then the Host is NOT actually sending anything back to you.  Even if you are NOT logged in, there is a two-way dialogue between a client and Host, when the Host is selected in the drop down menu.

Stan

Dell Palmer

Jan 4, 2010, 9:41:20 AM1/4/10
to remot...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Stan,
Maybe I should try another remote radio. Can you give me a userid and password for yours so I can try that. I really eventually need a station further away from me since I am in ocean city and too close to you. My primary interest us in having a second location to monitor check ins to a net I use on 40 (Northcars) but if I can get into yours then that'll show that the problems I'm having with KA1CDE are on his end.
73
Dell. K3AXR

Sent from Dell's iPhone