IRB Run Time Error 6

Cedrick Johnson

Jul 7, 2009, 12:40:56 AM7/7/09
to remot...@googlegroups.com

Howdy-

I get the above message (Run-time error '6': Overflow) occasionally when switching from DIG mode to USB (primarily happens on 20M SSB). Has anyone seen this behavior before?

More background info:
-does not matter if I use Skype or IRB sound
-The DIG window appears, when I change mode to USB, the window will disappear, and I'll get the RT error 6 message. The application will abruptly stop.

I looked in the standard places for log or trace files, perhaps someone can tell me if any logs are generated?

73,
cj, wt2p

g4ilo

Jul 8, 2009, 6:13:40 AM7/8/09
to Amateur Radio Station Remoting
I googled this error message, and it seems to occur a lot when
programs check the length of text strings. So perhaps it is related to
the amount of text in the received buffer.

Have you found that the "clear windows" button doesn't do anything?

I tried PSK31 after setting up the host with my own radio and it
crashed the server. So I haven't dared try it using somebody else's
remote. If there is any info on how to use external digimode software
with the web transceiver, I'd really appreciate a pointer to it.

By the way, I found this site http://www.oldapps.com/skype.php where
you can download older versions of Skype that don't cause errors.

Julian, G4ILO
G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com

Juanjo EA8BGO

Jul 8, 2009, 6:56:14 PM7/8/09
to remot...@googlegroups.com
Dear Julian.

I like your program voaprop. Thank you for this program.

73,
Juanjo
EA8BGO