Using the W4MQ software with Windows 7 64 bit?

Henry WA2ROA

Oct 18, 2009, 10:21:52 AM10/18/09
to Amateur Radio Station Remoting
I now have a Mac. I know that I'm not able to run the W4MQ software
with a Mac but I am planing to buy VMWare Fusion and then the 64 bit
Version of the new Windows 7 Professional operating system. Will the
W4MQ software work with this arrangement?

ROBve6ccl

Oct 18, 2009, 11:31:11 AM10/18/09
to Amateur Radio Station Remoting
Hi
de Rob ve6ccl
Good question

We should pose this on Bob's site; He is currently doing upgrades to
the W4MQ software
Join the forum at
http://www.n2jeu.net/node

I admin for a couple of IRB'S in Calgary for our club and have members
with Mac's who would like to have the webtracver run there plus it is
going to get harder to find new compurter harware and the Windows XP
OS

73
Rob
ve6ccl

n2jeu

Oct 18, 2009, 2:01:54 PM10/18/09
to Amateur Radio Station Remoting

Yes, the W4MQ software will run under virtualization software on an
Apple Mac system. I use Windows XP Pro and XP home on two Apple Macs
(an iMac and a Macbook) for my own testing. I am not certain however
about Windows 7 or any 64 bit version of Windows including Windows 7.
I haven't tested that.

Bob Arnold N2JEU

W4MQ - Stan

Oct 18, 2009, 9:15:25 PM10/18/09
to remot...@googlegroups.com
I use it under Parallels running XP on my Macbook pro all the time!
Stan W4MQ