Re: Support

ve6ccl

Jun 21, 2009, 12:54:38 PM6/21/09
to jpga...@interlanco.com, remot...@googlegroups.com, sup...@ea4tx.com, VE6QDO Dale, VE6TC Mike
Hi Bob and Pablo

Just to update you on our progress.

We got both rotor boards set up now
The step missed was setting up the gain pot 1 to get the voltage down to 5 volts max
It was about 8 when we checked it\
(Note the documentation we had indicated CCW increase gain CW decrease gain
we needed to turn CCW to reduce the votage at test point.)

On the RCI SE board we had to use the 10 bit
Our existing board was set to 8 bit.

Now we are able to switch rotors from the desktop window
BUT
The IRBHost software only controls the HF rotor RCI 1
even when we got to VHF bands.

Bob this is here is how we have the antenna portion of the config file set up for our IRBHost.

;ANTS BY BAND DEFINITIONS [UP TO FIVE PER BAND]
;
; BAND={band list}, NUM={1-5}, ANT={1-12}, TUNER={0-2}, FLO={kHz}, FHI={kHz}
;
;Gen Coverage
BAND=0, NUM=1, ANT=1, TUNER=2
snip
ANT=5, DES=band 5, NAME=20, CON=1, SWI=4, ROT=1,OFFSET_FOR_ROTER=-000
snip
ANT=10, DES=6m BEAM, NAME=6MBEAM, CON=1,ROT=2,OFFSET_FOR_ROTER=000
ANT=11, DES=2m Yagi, NAME=2YAGI, CON=1,ROT=2
ANT=12, DES=70cm Yagi, NAME=70YAGI, CON=1, ROT=2
;
BAND=0, NUM=1, ANT=1, TUNER=0
BAND=160, NUM=1, ANT=1, TUNER=0
BAND=80, NUM=1, ANT=2, TUNER=0
BAND=40, NUM=1, ANT=3, TUNER=0
BAND=30, NUM=1, ANT=4, TUNER=0
BAND=20, NUM=1, ANT=5, TUNER=0
BAND=17, NUM=1, ANT=6, TUNER=0
BAND=15, NUM=1, ANT=7, TUNER=0
BAND=12, NUM=1, ANT=8, TUNER=0
BAND=10, NUM=1, ANT=9, TUNER=0
BAND=6, NUM=2, ANT=10, TUNER=0
BAND=2, NUM=3, ANT=11, TUNER=0
BAND=70, NUM=4, ANT=12, TUNER=0, FLO=433000

Thanks for your help

Rob
VE6AO

ADMIN CARA VE6A0 IRB

J. Pablo GARCIA wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> Maybe it was caused by a old ARSWIN release.
>
> PSE, download the latest ARSWIn release from the web site:
> http://www.ea4tx.com/download/index.htm
>
> And use the ARSWIN 2.2a
>
> This release shoudl work fine....
>
> You must firstable do the setup of each RCI Board (RCI-1 and RCI-2) for each
> rotator, and then select the antenna for each Board...
>
> 73's Pablo

W4MQ Stan

Jun 29, 2009, 1:27:27 PM6/29/09
to remot...@googlegroups.com
Bob,

Thought I would jump in here.  If my memory is correct, the software is  not aware of the multiple rotator capability for the ARS.  The software was designed to deal with ONE rotator, and an offset for particular antennas on the single rotator stack.  There was never any requirement for two separate antenna stacks, such as the situation at VE6AO.  So this would be a change to the original design.

 This would also necessitate some rotor definition logic that would allow you do define a rotor assigned to a particular antenna, etc..   I think that would require adding some software that would allow the setup file define which ARS rotator you are using (1-4) and the variables, etc that would support that within the operational software.

73,  Stan W4MQ

ve6ccl

Jun 29, 2009, 7:34:46 PM6/29/09
to remot...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your inputs
We appreciate your efforts and VE6AO's IRB will be only to happy to
provide a test bed for this configuration

Rob Ve6ccl

n2jeu

Jun 30, 2009, 6:34:51 PM6/30/09
to Amateur Radio Station Remoting

Thanks for the input, Stan.

You're quite correct in that I see no easy way in the code right now
to add the ability to control a second rotor within the IRB software.
It should be possible to add that ability but it isn't something I'm
able to do right now. I'm still working on getting my own test system
going and then learning about the software itself. My present problem
is the daily invasion of thunderstorms in my area making any work on
the ham station or the software difficult at best and hazardous at the
worst.

Bob N2JEU

ve6ccl

Jun 30, 2009, 7:23:07 PM6/30/09
to remot...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Bob
I know your list of things users want will only grow.
Rob Ve6ccl

ve6ccl

Jun 30, 2009, 7:24:52 PM6/30/09
to ea...@ea4tx.com, remot...@googlegroups.com
Pablo

We can control the ARWIN software for each rotor locally.

Is there a way to set up so only one board at a time is active.
so that the IRBHost only sees the one we want it too.
one configuration for VHF and one for HF beams

Will experiment a bit.

Any Ideas?

With out changing the software
can you give us a hint on how we can work with both boards attached to the computer
from the desk top ( our Admins can get to the desktop remotely)

Rob Ve6ccl