RemoteApp Tool and Apache Guacamole ?

Boris Dano

Nov 12, 2022, 7:24:42 AM11/12/22
to RemoteApp Tool
I've seen various anectodal reports that this should work, but no one described how.

After testing I couldn't get it to work.

Has anyone managed setting up a RemoteApp Tool app with Apache Guacamole ?

What I mean is having Guacamole just launch one App, and close the session when the app closes. RemoteApp Tool seemed to be a solution for this.

Thanks

Boris Dano

Nov 12, 2022, 10:14:42 AM11/12/22
to RemoteApp Tool
It actually works, my error was using the full path to the app in the 'initial-program' field of Guacamole.

So two steps :
1. Create the RDP exactly like stated in RemoteApp Tool's help.
2. Use the *name* of the created RemoteApp in the initial-program field of Guacamole, e.g. : ||notepad
(You can edit the RDP file created by RemoteApp Tool to see the name, if unsure).

That's litterally all. If your Guacamole install works otherwise, this works.

Enjoy.