Remote App via iPad

Stefan Kr

May 14, 2020, 5:01:43 PM5/14/20
to RemoteApp Tool
Hi,
I published some apps on my Windows Server 2012 R2. I can access it wonderfully from my computers and the Raweb also works wonderfully. Now I would like to access the apps from my iPad. I use the Microsoft Remote Desktop App, but under "Workspaces" I cannot enter the Raweb address http: //dc3/webfeed.aspx. What can I do?
Thank you for your support.
many Greetings
Stefan

Hunter DG

May 17, 2020, 5:41:46 PM5/17/20
to RemoteApp Tool
I was unable to get iOS apps to recognize the RAWeb feed. I resorted to installing proper RDS functionality on windows server. This requires CALs.

B. Gale

May 19, 2020, 10:22:23 AM5/19/20
to RemoteApp Tool
Check out this link:
https://www.itg.ias.edu/remoteapp-ios-setup

Something to note - I am fairly confident that you will get certificate errors if you use a self-signed certificate for the https connection.  And if the website is not outside facing (ie accessible from the web), you will need to make sure your ipad is connected to the same network as the computer (may require VPN) and has access to the computer for it to work.

Unfortunately, I have no ipad or any apple devices, but I was able to make this work on an android device using a certificate signed from the our corporate CA, which got added as a trusted root CA when I added my exchange account to my device.
If you are unable to get the RAWeb feed working, chances are you also cannot access the RAWeb feed from the website in your browser either or you are getting a warning while connecting.

That being said, if you have windows server 2012 R2, is there a reason you are not using the built-in tools for remoteapps rather than using the RemoteApp Tool?