Call for Symbian developers to work on an awesome project

marcelcaraciolo

Sep 30, 2010, 12:59:26 PM9/30/10
to cara...@gmail.com, remo...@googlegroups.com

Sent to you by marcelcaraciolo via Google Reader:

via Symbian Blog by annabelc on 9/30/10

Push Burton snowboardingEarlier this month I wrote about Porting apps to S^3 made Qt and easy which essentially covered a project we worked on with the team behind the Nokia Push campaigns. The brief was to help port two hacks from Maemo5 to Symbian^3. Our primary role was to reach out to people in the Symbian community with the right skills to help make this happen more quickly. The Symbian team also gave the developers some direction on which of the latest technologies to use when porting to S^3.

Last week we met up with the Push team again to discuss their next project called Push Burton – a project that offers very exciting opportunities for Symbian developers. If you’re interested then read on.

Push Burton snowboardingPush have partnered with Burton Snowboards to create a new type of ‘connected snowboard’ using a Nokia device. They’re now on the hunt for an awesome Symbian^3 (C++/Qt) developer who has good skills with data visualisation. It will be a fully paid position and the opportunities for future development are pretty awesome, as they’ll be using their software to capture, analyse and visualise ride data from snowboarders at the European and US Opens next year.

The Push team aims to assemble a development team and get things done quickly so they’re looking for talented developers with Symbian experience who want to do something fun and are available for the next six months. Their expectations are high so you’ll need to have experience as a professional developer on S^3 and Qt.

For more information read the Developer brief. If you’re interested in being a part of this awesome project then contact Push community manager, Matt Brawn.

Things you can do from here: