Can't install on Windows 10 Tablet

Vishnu Hari Kumar AM

May 14, 2016, 10:30:29 AM5/14/16
to Remix-O...@googlegroups.com
I have an iBall Slide i701 running Windows 10. So, I wanted to try RemixOS on my tablet after seeing a thread on some site. So, I downloaded the zip and tried to use the USB option but my USB was not detected at all. I tried everything like formatting the pendrive to different formats, but still no luck. Then, I tried the Hard Disk installation, but here's the problem. My tablet has 16GB of internal storage of which right now about 7GB is free (which isn't enough to repartition). But, I do have a 16GB SD Card on the tablet but it's being shown as Secure SD Storage and I am unable to create a normal bootable partition with the SD Card. So, when I try the hard disk installation option, the SD Card doesn't show up among the hard drives, instead it shows among USB. Anyways, I tried USB installation to the SD Card, but it won't boot into the USB though I have set UEFI as boot option #1 and disabled secure boot.
Please help me out!

meriphili...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2016, 4:34:01 PM6/7/16
to Remix OS for PC
DON'T TRY THAT!!!!!   I have lost my new windows tablet doing the same. Now I have an expensive black brick......

Sergio Lopez

Jun 9, 2016, 9:12:29 PM6/9/16
to Remix OS for PC
Did you ever figure this out? I"m having the same problem. I installed the latest Remix OS into a USB 3.0 32GB drive. Disabled Secured Boot, but when I restart, it goes back to Windows, it ignores the USB.