Resident mode on OS X not working.... It gets stuck on the Remix boot logo. (MacBook Air 2014)

RAG Inc.

Apr 1, 2016, 6:02:19 AM4/1/16
to Remix OS for PC
Hi everyone!
I'm trying to install Remix OS beta (64 bit, UEFI Boot and legacy bios compatible) on a USB. When I download the *.iso file, I double click and get access to the *.dmg file. I drag and drop all the files on my USB (which is formatted in MS DOS), and I restart with option key.
I choose the usb, and then I can choose between Resident and Guest. With Guest everything works but with Resident, when is booting it gets stuck on the Remix boot screen.
I thought my usb was too slow, so I used an SD card class 10, and happened the same thing. So I partitioned my SSD and I dragged and dropped all the files in the *.dmg as I did with the USB.
In guest mode it works, in resident it doesn't.
Anyone can help me?

Dougie Wilson

Apr 1, 2016, 11:58:55 AM4/1/16
to Remix OS for PC
I'm having the same issue, i was using 2.0 without any issues.  i wish i could revert back to that one tbh

yuh...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2016, 2:19:43 PM4/1/16
to Remix OS for PC
edit /efi/boot/grub.cfg change DATA= USB_DATA_PARTITION=1 to DATA= CREATE_DATA_IMG=1 work for me

kelvin...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2016, 1:18:01 PM4/18/16
to Remix OS for PC
For almost 2 months im trying to get it working on my Macbook White 2006 model. I changed this line and it works. Thanks!!

therea...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2016, 1:58:44 PM4/18/16
to Remix OS for PC
I have no technical abilities in this area at all... I've been having this exact problem.

Where do I put that line of code?

kelvin...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2016, 5:55:57 PM4/18/16
to Remix OS for PC
Oke, so when you boot REMIXOS from your partition you get two choices right?

Boot in Resident mode or guest mode. When i see this screen i press the E button.
Then there will be lines of code visible. Just navigate to this part: "USB_DATA_PARTITION=1" with the arrow buttons
Change it with "CREATE_DATA_IMG=1" and when your done press f11. Can be diffrent on some computers but on my macbook its F11

Just wait for a moment and it will create a DATA file. Wait a little bit more. The boot logo comes up and after 1-2 min the OS boots up.

presson...@gmail.com

Jun 28, 2016, 1:04:00 PM6/28/16
to Remix OS for PC
Hey so I followed your steps but then when I reboot remix os it resets what do I do to keep it?

karama...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2016, 7:13:46 AM7/18/16
to Remix OS for PC
press e or tab to edit cammand before booting and add this in capital without commas "CREATE_DATA_IMG=1" now press f10 to boot. chill out

Maison Pulaski

Aug 4, 2016, 1:45:38 PM8/4/16
to Remix OS for PC
I wanted to say thanks to the couple of guys in this thread that provided answers. First I just went with the "e" at the grub menu and changed that string of code. But I didn't realize you had to do it on every boot. Then I figured out yuh...@gmail.com instructions to edit the grub.cfg with notepad++ (I am on a Mac so I used TextWrangler) and save it so it was permanent. I also threw in a, "DPI=227" in that config file, that made my desktop much easier to see.

So anyways..... thanks again.

jrj.a...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2016, 12:22:42 AM8/7/16
to Remix OS for PC
That worked for me too using resident mode from my usb stick  (did it from  ubuntu 16.04). I' installed the iso using unetbootin.

Cheers!

Thomas Gulschwenk

Aug 7, 2016, 10:32:11 AM8/7/16
to Remix OS for PC
Thanks to Kelvin
I can Boot now, but i cant download apps from GooglePlay!?

And i changed the file boot/grub/grub.cfg open with text editor and change what you say and save it.

kelvin...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2016, 10:46:04 AM8/7/16
to Remix OS for PC
Do you get an error message when you download apps?
If that is the case you have to update the play store. Click on the options tab. Scroll down to build version and click on it.
Wait a couple of minutes and reboot. It should download apps now without problems!

Thomas Gulschwenk

Aug 7, 2016, 11:45:02 AM8/7/16
to Remix OS for PC
Yes i did but not now. It is gone and work fine =) Thank Yo

(Error retrieving information from server.[DF-DLA-15)] only for show up what is was.

werecome...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2016, 3:54:33 PM8/18/16
to Remix OS for PC
Hi I've done what guys said boots into remix but my keyboard and mouse won't work any ideas please

tami...@gmail.com

Sep 3, 2016, 11:17:50 AM9/3/16
to Remix OS for PC
Can't edit it in boot menu with E, pressing tab skips to the next operating system to use which is windows
in my folder /efi/boot/grub.cfg already has the line DATA=REMIXOS =  CREATE_DATA_IMG=1

Richard Didd

Sep 8, 2016, 5:00:37 AM9/8/16
to Remix OS for PC
You need to edit the grub.cfg files and the syslinux.cfg files.
add the following to the resident menu

SRC= DATA= CREATE_DATA_IMG=1 DPI=135 UVESA_MODE=1366x768

the works for me on a Macbook Air (2015 model)

siddharth...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2016, 9:14:59 AM11/10/16
to Remix OS for PC
gr8 it works awesome, I am trying hard but can't find the right answer for 2-3 day u solved every thing gr8, thanks

maandam...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2016, 7:40:01 PM11/11/16
to Remix OS for PC
Hey thanks for the input, I changed the line,i don't know if it should do this but... It is kind of stuck in the black screen before the boot logo shows up,im assuming it's not working since my USB isn't showing any data transfer,is there any more information about this that can make my life easier