Google Play Services is already installed in Remix OS, just enable it

jesus....@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2016, 10:31:07 PM3/8/16
to Remix OS for PC
There is another thread that states that you need to download a package in order for you to get Google Services running, but there is a different and safer way to get Google Services running. These services are hidden by default from view, but enabling them allows you to access Google's Services without having to installed a package that you do not have insights to (not that I'm saying there is anything wrong with that package).

Credit goes to Reddit poster at this link:

https://m.reddit.com/r/RemixOS/comments/48puc4/gapps_are_preinstalled_but_hidden_heres_how_to/

I have found that these Google apps are pre-installed on Remix OS:

Google Play Store - com.android.vending
Google Contacts Sync - com.google.android.syncadapters.contacts
Google Play services - com.google.android.gms
Google Services Framework - com.google.android.gsf
Google Partner Setup - com.google.android.partnersetup
Market Feedback Agent - com.google.android.feedback
Google Calendar Sync - com.google.android.syncadapters.calendar
Google Account Manager - com.google.android.gsf.login
Google Backup Transport - com.google.android.backuptransport
I also found a way to enable these, so you don't have to use something like GMSInstaller/GMSActivator, which could potentially be unsafe. If you did use one of these but want to use the stock apps instead, you will have to reinstall Remix OS.

This went unnoticed because there is an app called "JideAppPolicy" that disables them at startup. From what I can tell, this is the only thing it does. Also, apps disabled in a specific way do not appear in Settings.

Enter the root terminal (Alt+F1) and run this:

pm disable com.jide.apppolicy
This will disable JideAppPolicy. Then, run this:

pm list packages -d
This will list all disabled applications. To enable the Google apps, use this command:

pm enable <package name>
(Use the package names from the second command.)

Return to the GUI with Alt+F7. Don't open the Play Store yet. Check your date/time settings. Then, force stop and clear data for Google Play services and Google Services Framework. Restart Remix OS, and you should be able to download apps.

I'm not sure if Jide will release an update that removes Google apps, but if you want to change automatic update settings, check the Update > Options section in Settings.

This is working in the latest (beta) release... it might also work in the previous (alpha) release.

EDIT: Removed unnecessary step.

Mariusz Grochowskii

Mar 9, 2016, 5:43:49 AM3/9/16
to Remix OS for PC
It's works perfectly. Thx :)

tam...@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2016, 7:13:36 PM3/25/16
to Remix OS for PC
Hi,

it work very well theses commands but when i reboot i can see google play but can't use it it say need update google play services

Larry Underhill

Mar 26, 2016, 12:07:50 PM3/26/16
to Remix OS for PC
Did you go back to enter "pm list packages -d" to make sure only jide app policy is deactivated?

glay...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2018, 7:09:29 AM12/12/18
to Remix OS for PC
I could't make this steps but

clicked "Google Play Store Activate" and wait about 1 hour. Then it said OK. Now Google Play Store works

양지우

May 25, 2024, 8:08:25 AMMay 25
to Remix OS for PC
wow 1hour.. ok I will wait too. and I will write my result here

2018년 12월 12일 수요일 오후 7시 9분 29초 UTC+7에 glay...@gmail.com님이 작성: