ASUS N53SN wont boot Remix OS - old beta worked

Fabian Seitz

Apr 19, 2016, 9:16:03 AM4/19/16
to Remix OS for PC
I wanted to reinstall Remix OS Beta update 2 clean on my Notebook. Now it goes after "Android" and then a "_" appears and wont go away, its stuck there.

The thing is that the old/first Beta did work very very well on the Notebook.
I have already installed even windows 10 again. Installed Remix OS on ssd and I tried booting from USB Stick, neather worked.

If a dev sees this: please check the changes in Update 2, why its now stuck there
The rest: Anybody knows how to fix it?

hypot...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2016, 9:28:15 AM4/19/16
to Remix OS for PC
They did update the kernel & modules/drivers; try adding nomodeset to the grub line and see if it at least boots

Fabian Seitz

Apr 19, 2016, 9:52:12 AM4/19/16
to Remix-O...@googlegroups.com
It'st working. And btw Can you tell me how to force using my Screen resolution, as the resolution is now wrong.
My resolution is 1366x768

EDIT: It's "37F"

So I will boot now with:
nomodeset vga=37F

hypot...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2016, 10:03:40 AM4/19/16
to Remix OS for PC
Type ALT&F1; then
wm size; to check what it's using = then
wm size 1366x768
then ALT&F7

That might work; otherwise there might be some other things to add to grub.

Fabian Seitz

Apr 19, 2016, 11:33:40 AM4/19/16
to Remix OS for PC
Still need help.
I am able to boot Remix with the following command in the kernel: nomodeset vga=37F
But now every reboot I would need to add them there again, any option to save them there?

hypot...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2016, 11:53:32 AM4/19/16
to Remix OS for PC
Depends on where ypu installed, look for a grub.cfg for uefi or menu.lst for bios

Fabian Seitz

Apr 19, 2016, 3:01:05 PM4/19/16
to Remix OS for PC
The new version didnt run nicely with the performance as I used nomodeset
I have now reinstalled the old version (Beta 1) and its running again. OTA Update broke my OS again. But the old version is running without issues.

hypot...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2016, 5:10:19 PM4/19/16
to Remix OS for PC
nomodeset was more to see that that was the problem.

Run lsmod to check what modules are running on beta 1, for future reference if you might upgrade at some point.