Stuck-on Detecting Android-x86

dws...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2016, 1:39:28 PM1/12/16
to Remix OS for PC
Dell Optiplex 7020 and HP ProBook 430 G1 Laptop.  Both stay stuck on Detcting Android-x86..........  (lots of dots.... 30+ minutes worth.)  The boot seems to go fine until the message Detecting Android-x86

David

Prafull Kumar

Jan 13, 2016, 2:55:47 PM1/13/16
to Remix OS for PC
For installation on HDD Successfully checkout this post

pott...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2016, 9:25:53 PM1/14/16
to Remix OS for PC
during the "......" stage unplug the flash drive for about 5 seconds then plug it back in.  worked for me.

Marcio Granzotto Rodrigues

Jan 15, 2016, 7:43:43 AM1/15/16
to Remix OS for PC
Same with macbook pro retina late 2012 using UFI image. Stuck on Detecting Android-x86.....

Marcio Granzotto Rodrigues

Jan 15, 2016, 7:44:10 AM1/15/16
to Remix OS for PC
EFI* sorry

Marcio Granzotto Rodrigues

Jan 15, 2016, 8:20:25 AM1/15/16
to Remix OS for PC
I was using a sd card, that was the problem. Works fine with a usb drive

agent.sm...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2016, 9:55:51 AM1/15/16
to Remix OS for PC
It has something to do with usb management. Your flash drive turn off after bootloader. As pott...@gmail.com said, just unplug it for a second so it turned on again an could be detected.
I've got the same issue with all android-x86 builds, and thats the only solution that works to me.

Michael Jacobs

Jan 17, 2016, 7:43:25 PM1/17/16
to Remix OS for PC
same problem.  unplug-replug worked for me, too.  (though it'll be pain to always have to do this.  hope it gets addressed.)

Mohammed Sufyan Shaikh

Jan 17, 2016, 11:15:37 PM1/17/16
to Remix OS for PC
same issue for me too i have to do this always when i boot Remix OS... hope this issue will be fixed on next update.. :)

jackyw...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2016, 6:01:50 PM1/18/16
to Remix OS for PC
I had to do this on my Sony vaio flip. Then I realized it's because I enabled usb charging (for charging phones while computer is sleep) for this one usb port. I switched the thumb drive to another and I don't need to do it anymore.

lucky13820

Jan 18, 2016, 7:49:54 PM1/18/16
to Remix OS for PC
Same. Using macbook pro. The problem is remix doesn't support my discrete GPU, so I just disable it and using the integrate GPU. works fine.

Pedro Henrique Silva de Deus

Jan 20, 2016, 11:34:43 AM1/20/16
to Remix OS for PC
Is Remix Os partition more than 23GB, When I first installed i made one partition with 30GB as FAT32, and I need wait for 32 minutes, than I shrink the partition for 20GB and create other with 50GB for docs.

Pedro Henrique Silva de Deus

Jan 20, 2016, 11:35:14 AM1/20/16
to Remix OS for PC

evilspowa

Jan 21, 2016, 3:27:58 PM1/21/16
to Remix OS for PC
me im  Stuck on Detecting Android-x86.....I waited 2 hours i use a ntfs ssd with 32gb data

Satria Prima

Jan 26, 2016, 9:59:17 AM1/26/16
to Remix OS for PC
How to disable vga or gpu on boot grub remix?

Yves Schleich

Feb 6, 2016, 11:26:25 AM2/6/16
to Remix-O...@googlegroups.com
Plugin out and back in worked for me too. I installed the EFI version on an USB Stick because the Legacy version wasn't working with EL Capitan.
At the screen "detecting android-x86 ..." just plug the USB out and in again and it should work.

Ashish Sharma

Feb 7, 2016, 4:52:09 AM2/7/16
to Remix OS for PC
I am using RemixOS on HDD. But it keep on "detecting Androidx86..." screen. Plugging USB in between results in booting from USB itself which I don't want. What to do?

Mir

Feb 9, 2016, 8:18:54 AM2/9/16
to Remix-O...@googlegroups.com
One of the possible causes is Remix OS installed inside a folder within the partition. But no corresponding entry in Grub.
Meaning if Remix is installed inside a folder, you need to add the folder name after 'SRC=' element in the Grub entry.

 Like--> SRC=/foldername. So it could detect the source.

Ashish Sharma

Feb 9, 2016, 12:15:39 PM2/9/16
to Remix OS for PC
No Mir, its not in any folder. See the attached images of my drivers & tell me if anything wrong I am doing?
Screenshot (4).jpg
Screenshot (5).jpg

Mir

Feb 9, 2016, 12:35:34 PM2/9/16
to Remix OS for PC
Nope, all looks good, there.

If you're getting the same message with the ISO installation method too, then no known/possible issue springs to mind.

LSS

Mar 20, 2016, 1:17:23 AM3/20/16
to Remix OS for PC
Not all IDE/SATA controllers were supported, or at least the modules necessary for their operation were not included for certain reasons. I experienced such in the past. USB storage support is separate from IDE/SATA support, and in most cases should be supported regardless (or at least be made work by repluging the USB device upon detecting Android-x86). Also, some same chipsets appear to have too many different variants and not all are properly supported.

The following phenomena can be observed if the IDE/SATA of your chipset is not properly supported (or lacked modules for them):

- Stuck on Detecting Android-x86..................... (endless) when booting using internal optical drive.
- If Android-x86/RemixOS boots okay with USB, when trying to install using INSTALL=1, only USB drives attached to the device are visible.

It may be better to discuss about what chipset variant the affected devices use in detail, in order to get the necessary modules included/patched. If the particular device can boot a current Linux distro without problems, and can properly see the IDE/SATA drives attached (that is, proper modules for them already existed), chances for it to be supported in the future would be higher.

JETHRO RICAFRENTE

Mar 26, 2016, 11:31:08 PM3/26/16
to Remix OS for PC
how to run kernel of remix os

sebasti...@googlemail.com

Apr 24, 2016, 9:28:42 PM4/24/16
to Remix OS for PC
How did you disabled it and forced the integrated GPU? In my BIOS isn't an option to Tweak this..

sebasti...@googlemail.com

Apr 24, 2016, 9:30:43 PM4/24/16
to Remix OS for PC
The same for me..

Akram Ahmed

Jun 2, 2016, 8:59:08 AM6/2/16
to Remix OS for PC
It works for me when i unplug the usb and put it back

rhpas...@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2016, 8:09:00 AM6/9/16
to Remix OS for PC
I can run a current Linux distro, but RemixOS fails to install with the symptoms mentioned above.  What information is needed to see if IDE/SATA and chipset can be supported in the future.

Thanks

Mirogi

Jun 9, 2016, 9:05:25 AM6/9/16
to Remix OS for PC
It overwrites the file in the root folder of Android
initrd.img

penguin1...@yahoo.com

Jun 9, 2016, 10:18:37 AM6/9/16
to Remix OS for PC

Pada Kamis, 09 Juni 2016 19.09.00 UTC+7, rhpas...@gmail.com menulis:
I can run a current Linux distro, but RemixOS fails to install with the symptoms mentioned above.  What information is needed to see if IDE/SATA and chipset can be supported in the future.

You can try this method, https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/remix-os-for-pc/pX_eDPZ500c if you want to install Remix OS side by side with Linux.

Thanks

j.st...@ubreakifix.com

Sep 4, 2016, 1:56:35 PM9/4/16
to Remix OS for PC
got me through to the startup screen ... thanks a bunch !!

tnga...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2016, 3:17:19 PM10/15/16
to Remix OS for PC
I got stuck on "Detecting Android-x86" when booting off my second DVD drive and solved it by switching the disk to the other drive.

hito...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2017, 1:48:12 PM3/4/17
to Remix OS for PC
I had same issue.  Android-x86 can be detected if I insert USB directly.  It look like depend on the route to the USB drive.  One of my hub does not work, another works.

masa...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2017, 8:19:41 PM9/24/17
to Remix OS for PC
How??

asadmu...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2018, 4:44:28 AM11/1/18
to Remix OS for PC
Helloo,
my phoenix os is not booting its stuck on

detecting phoenix OS... found at /dev/sda2

                          A N D R O I D x86_64:/ #
Help please

h.prash...@gmail.com

May 9, 2020, 8:32:38 AM5/9/20
to Remix OS for PC
I am not using any USB, I am installing in local drive

ranaz...@gmail.com

May 9, 2020, 8:02:57 PM5/9/20
to Remix OS for PC
Which stage plz help