RemixOS Lenovo X1 Tablet

Joao Almeida

Jan 31, 2017, 3:11:13 AM1/31/17
to Remix OS for PC
Hi Guys,

Lenovo's X1 tablet is one of the best tablets on the market at the moment.
Equivalent and comparable to Surface 4 but suffering from the same issue, comes installed with windows 10...

I've tried both Android-X86 and Remix OS and I must say that the usability of the tablet when installed with an OS that was designed for touch rather than a mouse input is unbelievable...
So much that I believe that Android-X86 / Remix OS could be the OS of the future... Something that Linux unfortunately for many reasons did not achieve...

Here are the issues I have with this tablet if not mentioned then it means it is working perfectly...

  1. Camera is not working, with either both Android-X86 or RemixOS, cameras are OV2740 and OV8858.
  2. Rotation is not working automatically... needs to be set manually.
  3. Finger print reader is not working.
  4. Auto display brightness.
  5. Swipe from top access to settings on RemixOS, only available on Android-X86 (if someone knows how to add this please let me know)
  6. Volume boost, Sound is low, compared to the windows sound.
  7. System seems to heat up alot more with RemixOS than with Android-X86, while watching a movie on plex CPU was showing 80+celcius and 2.4Ghz...

Other that that the system is working flawlessly and it is installed with RemixOS replacing my ipad...

Thank you and any help getting any of these to work would be greatly appreciated...

Joao

Dondre Johnson

Jan 31, 2017, 9:23:18 PM1/31/17
to Remix OS for PC
1: There are some camera problems on other devices that Jide (I hope) will be fxing soon
2: I don't own a tablet, but Remix OS works best in landscape mode
3: Remix OS does not support fingerprint readers at this point
4: Remix OS does not support auto-brightness
5: You do not swipe from up top to access notifications and settings. In fact, you can't swipe from any corner at all. You'd have to press a button that looks like 3 little lines going across, located on the bottom-right corner of the screen. Remix OS does not support quick setings either
6: It's probably a tablet issue
7: It's probably compatibility issues with other OSes on this tablet

Joao Almeida

Feb 8, 2017, 9:13:44 PM2/8/17
to Remix OS for PC
Hi thanks for your reply.

looking forward for the fixes!

cheers

Chris Thompson

May 20, 2021, 8:19:55 PM5/20/21
to Remix OS for PC
I know these posts are years old. If you're still monitoring this thread, wondering what the experience was in terms of installing Android x86? I've tried the official Android x86 ISO as well as BlissOS. Unable to get beyond a black screen to an Android desktop using any of the available boot options on my Gen3 X1 Tablet.