Black screens during initial boot

Jared Tamana

Mar 22, 2017, 3:23:19 PM3/22/17
to Remix OS for PC
Here is a quote directly from my XDA post: "Hi there everyone,

Never thought I'd start off a post listing PC specs, but here we go. I have an Inspiron 14 3452 with a dual core Celeron N3050 processor and 2GB RAM. I'm trying to boot ROS from a 2.0 USB on a 2.0 port. I've disabled secure boot.

I've tried this install a few times, the first time dumbly with Secure Boot on. This got me to the flashing boot logo. I turned Secure Boot off and tried again. This time it started to boot but never got to the ROS logo before black screening. I tried a different initrd provided somewhere on XDA, which did nothing. I then reformatted and tried from scratch.

This time it was quick. It black screened right after the Android x86 logo. I restarted and tried twice more, stuck on "formatting data partition" before hitting the black screen again.

I'd be happy to provide a log, but I tried using Verbose and can't find a log file anywhere on the drive.

Any and all advice and help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!"

On top of stock Remix OS, I also tried the modified version (found at https://forum.xda-developers.com/remix/remix-os/remix-os-pc-hacked-edition-ota-v2-0-201-t3345968) and that didn't work either - I got a "initial menu has no LABEL entries" error and was kicked to GRUB recovery. I know this forum probably doesn't support modified versions of the OS, but I thought I'd ask just in case anyone had a solution.

Thanks to anyone in advance for the help.