Increase internal storage size (surface pro3)

1 view

mathieuv...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2016, 9:16:31 AM2/23/16
to Remix OS for PC
Dear community,

would there be a way to increase the size of the data.img on the usb drive to get a bigger internal storage?

Problem is that 4gb is easily filled. I wanted to try baldur's gate on it and along with two other games. Boom, no more space.

So, the surface pro 3 is EFI only, and only boots from fat32 usb drive.

So far, I've sucessfully put the data.img on sdcard, on local drive and even dual boot with grub.

Hdd space is a problem nowadays, with a short 64gb drive.

question :

would it be possible to boot from a dual partition usb drive? on small partition in fat32 and extract the data.img to a ext2 second partition on the usb drive?

The problem I'm facing is that windows does not see the second partition on the usb drive. I've tried extfsd to read on it and mount the partition, which works. Small files can be transferred to it, but I cannot move a big .img file on that.

If I had a 128gb surface, it would not be a problem, 64gb is a bit short nowadays.

any help appreciated.

mathieuv...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2016, 9:18:37 AM2/23/16
to Remix OS for PC
I'd basically want to use my 64gb flash drive entirely.
Remember this is a EFI system and only boots from fat32

cheers

Jon West

Feb 24, 2016, 8:56:38 PM2/24/16
to Remix OS for PC
Use this.http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3222483
[WinApp][v2.4-Beta][+RemixOS] Android-x86 Installer UEFI Version