Detecting Android-x86............................................................................................

Luke Tucker

Feb 8, 2016, 9:03:44 PM2/8/16
to Remix OS for PC
Today i finally got to expand my data partition to 34gb to use my hdd to the fullest. I installed remix os on this hdd through a hard drive enclosure that puts ide to usb. after installing and expanding my data partition i messed with it a little, putting google services and a few apps on it and then i turned it off and plugged the hdd into my computer via the ide cable. now when i try to boot it everything goes fine until it tries to find android-x86. when it shows that the dots just keep going and it never detecta android-x86 to boot remix. any help?

Scott Q

Feb 9, 2016, 1:38:52 PM2/9/16
to Remix OS for PC
no idea without more info on your machine. But if you have an ATI or Nvidia card that is more than likely your problem.

Luke Tucker

Feb 9, 2016, 8:04:06 PM2/9/16
to Remix OS for PC
My bad I do have an ati card though.
Intel core 2 duo @2.8 and a Asus p5ql mobo. But why would that be the problem if it booted perfectly fine when it booted from the hard drive via USB?

BrainyRabbit

Feb 10, 2016, 12:35:25 AM2/10/16
to Remix OS for PC
Hi Luke. Could you post a screen shot of the partition on your computer where the Remix OS files are installed?

Luke Tucker

Feb 10, 2016, 7:52:01 AM2/10/16
to Remix OS for PC
Like from the file explorer in windows?

BrainyRabbit

Feb 10, 2016, 9:27:28 AM2/10/16
to Remix OS for PC
Yes!

Luke Tucker

Feb 10, 2016, 1:47:44 PM2/10/16
to Remix OS for PC
I can provide a screenshot a bit later as I'm not home at the moment. I do know that the only folders on the remix HDD are grub and android-(the build date). Did you want pictures of each of the folders?

BrainyRabbit

Feb 10, 2016, 2:24:30 PM2/10/16
to Remix OS for PC

Luke Tucker

Feb 10, 2016, 7:08:26 PM2/10/16
to Remix OS for PC

is this correct? what should i do with it now?

BrainyRabbit

Feb 10, 2016, 7:56:50 PM2/10/16
to Remix OS for PC
Hi. Read the following link from top to bottom : https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/remix-os-for-pc/M2JbxEvFeqo . Tell me if it worked or not!

Luke Tucker

Feb 10, 2016, 8:15:30 PM2/10/16
to Remix OS for PC
i read it but i'm not familiar with easybsd. i didn't even know where to find it at first. can you tell me how to use it?

BrainyRabbit

Feb 11, 2016, 1:50:24 AM2/11/16
to Remix OS for PC

imad-pe

Feb 11, 2016, 1:25:38 PM2/11/16
to Remix OS for PC
its happened to me once I found .DLL file in the next to remix os files I deleted then its boot ok

Luke Tucker

Feb 11, 2016, 9:21:48 PM2/11/16
to Remix OS for PC
That looks like it could definitely work tanks

imad-pe

Feb 11, 2016, 9:24:29 PM2/11/16
to Remix OS for PC
it was the DLL was it?

Luke Tucker

Feb 11, 2016, 10:00:55 PM2/11/16
to Remix OS for PC
there is no .dll on the hard drive

Luke Tucker

Feb 11, 2016, 10:10:21 PM2/11/16
to Remix OS for PC
well it seems to have worked but now i can't get past the GRUB bootloader. what commands need to be typed?

datin...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2016, 8:16:43 AM2/12/16
to Remix OS for PC
Hi , sorry my english not good . Can i install remix-os-for-pc on i686 system (My old machine) . ?

5up

Feb 12, 2016, 8:24:55 AM2/12/16
to Remix-O...@googlegroups.com
Đoàn Hiếu, you require the 32bit
Not saying it'll work though!!
and you've hijacked this thread

Luke Tucker

Feb 13, 2016, 3:05:28 PM2/13/16
to Remix OS for PC
I'm stuck at the grub bootloader where commands need to be typed now

daniald...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2016, 7:00:01 AM2/14/16
to Remix OS for PC
hi Luke , i am DInesh ,i also faced problome like you
but i think i have solution might work

at the time of installation, when it will show "Detecting Android-x86..............................................."
if your installing from pendrive

AT THAT TIME REMOVE YOUR PENDRIVE AND INSERT AGAIN INSTANTLY..

then it will detect android.

LSS

Feb 16, 2016, 5:49:16 AM2/16/16
to Remix OS for PC
The OS itself is fine. Looks like your motherboard's IDE/SATA is not supported (probably missing driver). In such case it can boot until the point the BIOS hands over the control of the IDE devices to the kernel, upon which the kernel lost access to it due to it couldn't bring up a driver for your motherboard's IDE and it stuck there endlessly.

You'll have to stick with running it using a USB enclosure for now, as in most cases USB will work regardless. The kernel needs to have working driver (module) for your chipset's IDE/SATA interfaces in order to detect your hard drives...

Luke Tucker

Feb 16, 2016, 6:57:41 PM2/16/16
to Remix OS for PC
Thanks for the best answer on this thread haha. Do you know if there's a modified kernel/grub that has drivers for it or will I have to wait?

LSS

Feb 18, 2016, 5:52:41 AM2/18/16
to Remix OS for PC
You'll need to find some information about your motherboard's chipset and what drivers the onboard IDE/SATA use for Linux if you need help on booting it off a hard drive directly connected to it instead of using a USB enclosure. However, given the fact that RemixOS is mainly meant to be run from a high speed USB device which is almost always supported, rather than actually installing it on a hard drive, this issue may not be a high priority.

hito...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2017, 1:45:17 PM3/4/17
to Remix OS for PC
I faced same issue.  My issue was due to USB hub.  Android is detected in a few seconds if USB is inserted directly.