Stuck on the remix OS logo on resident mode

absh...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2016, 4:10:13 PM1/12/16
to Remix OS for PC
I have USB 3 and when I try to click on resident mode, it stuck on the remix OS logo.

sa...@comp-bytes.com

Jan 12, 2016, 4:46:30 PM1/12/16
to Remix OS for PC
Same problem here on 2 diff. systems. One Intel and the other AMD. Remix OS logo just blinks on the screen

Richard Coleman

Jan 12, 2016, 4:56:19 PM1/12/16
to Remix OS for PC
Same. I'm trying solutions on other threads to try and get past it but not managed to yet.

Ben Rossington

Jan 12, 2016, 5:02:39 PM1/12/16
to Remix OS for PC
You can try different video modes by hitting TAB on the screen where you selected Resident mode.

You'll have to manually add the coding to the end of the line. I do not know it at the moment. It is in other posts in this group, and on G+.

antoj...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2016, 2:17:35 AM1/14/16
to Remix OS for PC
Same here struck on remix OS logo (Resident Mode) !! Any solution ??

Marcio Granzotto Rodrigues

Jan 15, 2016, 11:54:26 AM1/15/16
to Remix OS for PC
There's any reason why resident mode would need a different video mode than guest mode?

Guest mode works with:
menuentry 'Guest mode MACBOOK - All your data and apps are saved ' --class android-x86 {
search --file --no-floppy --set=root /system.img
linuxefi /kernel root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.hardware=remix_x86_64 androidboot.selinux=permissive quiet SRC= DATA= DATA_IN_MEM=1 DPI=265 UVESA_MODE=2880x1800
initrdefi /initrd.img
}

But resident mode gets stuck on the remix logo with:
menuentry 'Resident mode MACBOOK - All your data and apps are saved ' --class android-x86 {
search --file --no-floppy --set=root /system.img
linuxefi /kernel root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.hardware=remix_x86_64 androidboot.selinux=permissive quiet SRC= DATA= CREATE_DATA_IMG=1 DPI=265 UVESA_MODE=2880x1800
initrdefi /initrd.img
}

thom...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2016, 9:56:04 AM1/27/16
to Remix OS for PC
Same here. Guest mode works great and starts fast. Resident mode has been blinking the RemixOS logo for 8 hours now. Two separate machines. USB 3 32GB stick. Retina MacBook Pro and HP Stream 11 both do the same thing.

coreal...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2016, 2:06:28 PM2/2/16
to Remix OS for PC
Same here on Macbook Pro Retina Early 2013. Guest mode works fine, resident mode never goes past logo.

dvayn...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2016, 5:45:12 PM2/2/16
to Remix OS for PC
Same here, MacBook Pro Retina 2015 model.

congn...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2016, 8:18:13 PM3/14/16
to Remix OS for PC
Me too. I got stuck at remix os logo in resident mode while guest mode is completely fine. Really need a solution.

Michael Trim

Mar 18, 2016, 11:41:58 AM3/18/16
to Remix OS for PC
Same here - have had guest and resident working on MBP and Win7 - now I have reinstalled Win7 (due to separate issue) and it will not start in Resident.

Reformatted USB once, going to try again, but any pointers would be great.

car...@gmail.com

May 30, 2016, 3:36:45 PM5/30/16
to Remix OS for PC
I have the same problem, but with hard disk installation. Someone can help me?

timoth...@gmail.com

May 30, 2016, 9:30:22 PM5/30/16
to Remix OS for PC
Same issue on Surface Pro 3 i3.

Boots up just fine via USB into Guest Mode, but when trying Resident Mode it gets stuck on the blinking Remix OS screen.

What's up Remix? Any solutions coming down the pipe for this? I'm seeing this issue everywhere.

adam mannis

Jun 13, 2016, 4:44:27 PM6/13/16
to Remix OS for PC
anyone ever find a solution?

Alexandre Liberato

Jun 13, 2016, 8:03:27 PM6/13/16
to Remix OS for PC
I have made a walkthrough on how I did to make RemixOS work on USB 3.0 under UEFI: https://groups.google.com/forum/?nomobile=true#!topic/remix-os-for-pc/jr9Y_i8H9so

1) DISABLE SECURE MODE,

2) Change BOOT MODE from UEFI to LEGACY,

3) Try to find under your computer BIOS an option where you can disable "DISCRETE GRAPHIC ADAPTER".

After the installation on USB stick, you can ENABLE UEFI. The other 2 options have to be disabled if yo want to use RemixOS.

That worked for me.

brucexue...@gmail.com

Jul 30, 2016, 12:46:30 AM7/30/16
to Remix OS for PC
Delete the data partition on the USB drive (created by remix) from within windows (or whatever operating system you have)
boot from the USB, on grub menu, press e to edit, remove DATA=**** from the command line and add "CREATE_DATA_IMAGE=1"

Remix will recreate the data partition and should boot normally

Luca Fiocchi

Aug 3, 2016, 7:02:46 AM8/3/16
to Remix OS for PC
I have tried to delete the data partition and it has been recreated by remix. Still stuck in flashing remix logo page while in resident mode. It boots without problems in guest mode. Remix os 64, usb key 3.0 32gb.

Luca Fiocchi

Aug 3, 2016, 7:04:14 AM8/3/16
to Remix OS for PC
Forgot to write that I'm testing remix os 3.0 64,from end of july

Maison Pulaski

Aug 4, 2016, 2:34:36 PM8/4/16
to Remix-O...@googlegroups.com
I am on a MacBook Pro w/RD (Mid 2014 11,2) and I was also getting the, "stuck at RemixOS" when trying to use Resident Mode. I edited my grub.cfg ....

menuentry 'Resident mode - All your data and apps are saved ' --class android-x86 {
search --file --no-floppy --set=root /kernel
linux /kernel root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.hardware=remix_x86_64 androidboot.selinux=permissive DPI=227 quiet SERIAL=random logo.showlogo=1 DATA= CREATE_DATA_IMG=1
initrd /initrd.img
}

....and now it boots up fine.

I am using a 128GB MicroSD card. But I don't know why that would matter, or make a difference.

coreal...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2016, 2:21:17 AM8/5/16
to Remix OS for PC
When you formatted the SD card what did you use: MBR or GUID and did you format as FAT or something else? Thanks

Maison Pulaski

Aug 5, 2016, 12:28:22 PM8/5/16
to Remix OS for PC
I first formatted the card with my Macbook. MBR & exFat. I then used a Windows machine to create the bootable SDcard. I used the Installation Tool and also used Rufus (separate occasions). I have been trying to figure some stuff out. But it does boot in Resident mode after editing the grub.cfg or, manually changing before boot each time (using "e" at grub menu when you are going to boot up and then editing the information there).

aaroni...@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2016, 6:18:27 PM8/5/16
to Remix OS for PC
Thankyou for providing the solution I have been trying to figure this out for the past couple of hours! 😂 I can also confirm that changing the code in the grub.cmg file works. I have mine installed on a partition of my lenovo ideapad laptop. I'm guessing the code makes it write to the partition and not to a USB?

Martin Rowley

Sep 4, 2016, 8:05:39 AM9/4/16
to Remix OS for PC
I still have no solution and dont know where to find the grub.cfg.

Martin Rowley

Sep 10, 2016, 4:01:19 PM9/10/16
to Remix OS for PC
Ok the "CREATE_DATA_IMG=1" trick worked for me however it ran SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO slow it was painful.using a usb 3 port with a brand spanking new 32gb usb drive

Tails Lol

Sep 14, 2016, 7:34:23 AM9/14/16
to Remix OS for PC
same issue with remix 3.0 204 with my gtx 980.
everything work in guest mode but in resident mode remix get stuck to the loading screen.

robinind...@gmail.com

Sep 23, 2016, 7:56:10 AM9/23/16
to Remix OS for PC
I think I got to the same point you got.
Have you managed to resolve the speed issue yet?

fransis...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2016, 4:34:20 PM12/9/16
to Remix OS for PC
its easy i had the same probleme as you

1- you have to delete this in resident mode : SRC= DATA= CREATE_DATA_IMG=1 DPI=265 UVESA_MODE=2880x1800

2- you have to replace it by tying : install=1 or you could try this also : install=1 debug=

3- enter or boot remix os and enjoy

nullbyt...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2017, 10:33:43 AM1/16/17
to Remix OS for PC

zsha...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2017, 1:49:07 PM1/20/17
to Remix OS for PC

ali67...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2017, 11:57:07 PM1/20/17
to Remix OS for PC
what u edit ?

kan...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2017, 12:05:49 AM1/21/17
to Remix OS for PC
when you have the choice of Resident and Guest Mode, hover on Resident Mode and press tab then type exactly this: (INSTALL 0)
afterwards it will go thru and in 2 min it should load the welcome screen.

pkop...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2017, 12:01:29 PM2/13/17
to Remix OS for PC
Although I was using an ASUS Zenbook and completely unrelated hardware and the x64 version of RemixOS -- this fixed it for me, too.

Thank you, Maison.

hamid...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2017, 12:44:08 PM2/21/17
to Remix OS for PC
Hi,can I know how fast did it boot right after the change made.
Thanks...

Anton Gierszewski

Mar 22, 2017, 2:35:49 AM3/22/17
to Remix OS for PC
hello everyone, as someone who triboots a macbook pro i can tell you that you are doing all false.
the CREATE_DATA_IMG tweak will reformat your data at each reboot.
here is what you need to do:
on grub, edit menuentry and add CREATE_DATA_IMG=1 but remove DATA=.
now let it boot up and create a data.img file. then boot back into OSX and edit your grub.cfg like this:

menuentry 'Resident mode - All your data and apps are saved ' --class remixos  --class android-x86 --class gnu-linux --class os {
search --file --no-floppy --set=root /kernel
linux /kernel root=/dev/ram0 SERIAL=random logo.showlogo=1 androidboot.selinux=permissive quiet DATA=data.img USB_DATA_PARTITION=1
initrd /initrd.img
}

cwf...@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2017, 7:30:42 PM3/25/17
to Remix OS for PC
Does this apply for first install? I've sat here all night trying all different things and I'm still looking at this logo. Any attempt to edit the grub following guides so far has corrupted it requiring me to create new boot media all over again so imtentative to edit the grub again.

Many thanks

AwesomeTech10

Oct 1, 2017, 4:32:41 PM10/1/17
to Remix OS for PC
This would work because the Remix OS installer doesn't add a DATA partition. When you run that command, it creates a data partition, meaning Remix OS would boot properly.

ivanadi...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2018, 5:21:59 AM1/2/18
to Remix OS for PC
Same

mikoazu...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2018, 5:25:58 PM1/31/18
to Remix OS for PC
Only in that way? Install=1 debug=.
Or you maybe forget add 1 to the end like:
install=1 debug=1. ? Confirm please which is the correct
I wait for your reply.

orwah...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2018, 2:10:29 PM7/15/18
to Remix OS for PC
I deleted the data.img file in the remix os folder from another is and then booted remix os , it recreated the data.img file automatically but it was sized 8G instead of 32G but it worked perfectly
Hope this well help .

ufighte...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2018, 9:34:28 AM7/20/18
to Remix OS for PC
Same issue on Intel Core i7. I think the hard drive partition may be read only and it may have some trouble setting down there.

je...@fam-base.net

Sep 18, 2018, 2:44:03 PM9/18/18
to Remix OS for PC
add  "VGA=791" to boot options, may be used in conjunction with "INSTALL=1"

focsag...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2019, 12:04:13 PM7/21/19
to Remix OS for PC
Thanks

allso...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2020, 3:59:48 PM4/19/20
to Remix OS for PC
my system doesn't have a hdd so only usb. still can't get it to work in resident mode.

anyone have any ideas?

thanks

allso...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2020, 5:08:18 PM4/19/20
to Remix OS for PC
actually i installed phoenix and it works fine! on resident mode. with no hdd

forget remix!!

Ivan B

Oct 2, 2020, 6:38:30 PM10/2/20
to Remix OS for PC
RemixOS. The author drop it why you try to pick up?

Caleb Grice

Sep 26, 2022, 1:02:43 AM9/26/22
to Remix OS for PC
I FIGURED IT OUT!!

Just go to DISKPART and clean the USB and then convert to MBR.

Lastly create a partition NOT in GPT Manager in Remix Installer but use the other one made for MBR!! Set the boot flag on a 1GB partition and change the TYPE to EFI Partition. Lastly Last create another Linux partition and install Remix on that in EFI Mode!! IT COMPLETELY WORKS!!

dekrusq

Oct 22, 2023, 12:06:56 PM10/22/23
to Remix OS for PC
Its worka thanks