RemixOS 2.0 beta 32bit doesn't start on HP T5740 thin client - "Detecting Android-x86..... found"

Alexander Skwar

Mar 3, 2016, 9:11:01 AM3/3/16
to Remix-O...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I'm having problems running RemixOS 2.0 32bit beta on a HP T5740 HSTNC 006 TC thin client system. It boots, or rather: it starts to boot, but then stops. Please see the photos and very short video at https://goo.gl/photos/XuiQUwi4oPFLNqKH9.

Last thing it prints was "Detecting Android-x86..... found"

I "installed" RemixOS on the 8GB USB stick by doing:

  sudo dd if=Remix\ OS\ for\ PC\ Beta\ 32-bit.iso of=/dev/sdi

"/dev/sdi" was the correct device.

Well, what can I do?

Thanks,
Alexander

manton...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2016, 1:00:27 PM3/3/16
to Remix OS for PC
Hi,
I have a similar problem.

After instalation, reboot, I choose SO and show message

Detecting Android-x86..............................................

How can I fix this?

Surface 4 Pro

c.bas...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2016, 1:53:12 PM3/3/16
to Remix OS for PC
I suffer from the same problem . but I have the dark screen , but an automatic reboot .
I remember when I tried the 5.1rc version of " android- x86" had the same problem .
 However , version 4.x, works well . Surely be improved version, which misfiring .
 Remix -os is based on the android-x86 project, and drag the conflict in tow
.

Gary A

Mar 3, 2016, 1:54:37 PM3/3/16
to Remix OS for PC
Two things you could do in that scenario

1. Edit boot option (either press TAB as in pic1 (grub1-legacy) or c/e with Grub2-uefi); remove quiet and try again; this should at least help point out where in the process booting halts
2. Drop into grub shell; either as above or by adding DEBUG=1 and run ls and ls the partition that you have installed on just to make sure grub can see it i.e ls (hd0,gpt3)/ if it reports unknown filesystem; you may need to issue insmod /efi/RemixOS/ntfs32.mod (or ntfs64.mod) first.

This is just to help identify what is causing the stalled boot; unlikely to help if crucial hardware is simply unsupported.

Alexander Skwar

Mar 4, 2016, 3:17:46 AM3/4/16
to Remix OS for PC
Hi Gary

I now booted into the debug shell by adding "DEBUG=1". Please see attached pictures or  my Google Photos Album "RemixOS vs. HP Thin Client II" for that. Seems, that the device has been found fine, I'd think.
When I boot not with "DEBUG=1" but "normally" but with "quiet" removed, the last printed line is "Detecting Android-x86..... found at /dev/sdb" and then the screen turns black.

What can I do now?

Regards,
Alexander

1-IMG_20160304_085926.jpg
2-IMG_20160304_085933.jpg
3-IMG_20160304_085935.jpg
4-IMG_20160304_090654.jpg

António Graça

Mar 15, 2016, 5:27:04 AM3/15/16
to Remix OS for PC
Hi, guys

Following the same steps described in jide.com, installing Remix Beta in Surfaces 4 Pro some work and other does not. Same model, same processor, same memory. Why? Does not all surfaces have the same graphics card? Does not all have the same firmware surface?

Please, who followed the steps described in jide.com indicate whether the installation has resulted or not, and what video card, processor, memory and what firmware updated.

Device: Surface 4 Pro
Sistem operating : Windows 10 Pro
Processor: i5 6300U
Graphics Card: Intel (R) HD Graphics 520
Firmware : Updated
Installation State: unsuccessful
Error: "Detecting Android-x86...."

Thanks