Data gone. Help! -- How to handle "Firefox Reset" and Reminderfox reminders

Louie Higgins

Nov 22, 2013, 5:11:57 AM11/22/13

To whom it may concern:

I had been using Reminder Fox for a couple of months. My Mozilla browser was slow and I received a note suggesting how to fix it. It said to "reset" my browser. I did and "Reminder Fox" disappeared. I reinstalled it but it was a "fresh" copy with no data. Is there any way to recall the information that was lost?

Louie Higgins
Brookfield, WI 53005

Dan Lee

Nov 22, 2013, 5:13:08 AM11/22/13
to Louie Higgins
Hi Louie

Sorry to hear that, it's never fun to lose data :(

It doesn't sound likely, but there is a small chance that you may be able to recover your data. Check out this entry in our FAQ:
http://www.reminderfox.org/documentation-faq-troubleshooting/#r5

In short, see if you can find any files on your computer called reminderfox.ics or reminderfox.ics.bak1. If you find one, try importing it via the File tab in the options dialog.

Dan