G oogle caneldar sync problem

Peter Meyers

Jan 26, 2017, 4:40:53 PM1/26/17
to ReminderFox
Greetings:

I have been using ReminderFox for several years and have had the sync setup with my Google calendar for about as long without any issues.  With the last two days I have been receiving notices that I can not sync with my calendar.  I have the very latest Firefox version installed along with all of my addons.  This issue just appeared.

Has anyone else come up with this issue and found a solution?

Thanks
sync.jpg

Guenter

Jan 26, 2017, 5:59:26 PM1/26/17
to ReminderFox
Please let us know which FX / RmFX Versions you're using!

tails...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2017, 8:26:42 PM1/26/17
to ReminderFox
I've also started encountering this problem a few days ago: Google Calendar throws a 400 error every time ReminderFox attempts to sync anything.

OS: Linux (Debian 8)
Firefox: 51.0.1
ReminderFox: 2.1.5.5.3

The problem started appearing around the time I updated Firefox to version 51.0 (from version 50.0.2), though I can't say if this is the cause or just a coincidence.

I deleted the remote calendar from ReminderFox, and attempted to add it again, but I also get a 400 error when trying to add it back. Specifically the error appears when pressing the "Paste" button after getting the code from Google.

I also deleted both tokens from my list of saved passwords, as instructed in some other messages, to no avail.

I'm at least glad to see I'm not the only one having this issue. I was starting to think I had done something wrong.

Peter Meyers

Jan 27, 2017, 3:30:44 PM1/27/17
to ReminderFox
I am using Firefox 51.0.1 and ReminderFox 2.1.5.5.3 which I believe are the latest versions of both.

THanks

Peter Meyers

Jan 27, 2017, 3:32:51 PM1/27/17
to ReminderFox
I was going to delete and attempt to re-add my calendar but since it was not successful for you, I will perhaps wait til we get another helpful post.

Thanks

Peter Meyers

Jan 27, 2017, 3:36:12 PM1/27/17
to ReminderFox
In addition, My OS is Win 10 / 1607 (Anniversary edition) with all of the latest patches.

Thanks

n4rc...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2017, 10:11:49 AM1/28/17
to ReminderFox
hello

same problem here since this morning !

No more connection with google calendar.

firefox and reminderfox up to date.

Please help !

skyc...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2017, 10:11:49 AM1/28/17
to ReminderFox
I have also noticed this exact issue after updating Firefox to 51.0.1 on two separate workstations. I am running on Windows 7 64 and 32 bit. I was gonna back off to the previous version of Firefox to see if it works again but I'm hoping someone comes up with a fix.

Guenter

Jan 28, 2017, 11:03:57 AM1/28/17
to ReminderFox
Sorry for the problem with sync of Google Calendar.

We know about the problem, it seems it's caused by some changes with the communication between FX/TB and Google backend.

At the moment there is only one solution: Use an alternative Remote Calendar system.

I have good results using https://fruux.com/. It's a free provider so you can sign up and define your calendar(s) there. With Android and iPhone you find apps to add fruux to your mobile calendar system and have full access with your mobile device.
After you have defined the new remote calendar you will redefine the remote calendar at the Reminderfox side. Open the RmFx Main List, select the reminders in question with the mouse cursor (use shift to select multiple reminders) and on the selection use the context menu (right mouse click) with "Sync with Remote Calendar" and select the appropriated calendar.

We're working at the problem, but there isn't any estimate about a possible solution with GCal directly.  Sorry to haven't a better answer right now.

Reminderfox Team

J.Vicente Blanco

Jan 28, 2017, 4:06:38 PM1/28/17
to remin...@googlegroups.com
Hello

Same problem here since Firefox 51.0.1 update.

I'll use Google Calendar directly until the solution will done because to use another remote calendar isn't a good idea for me.

Thank you very much to the Reminderfox Team for their continous efforts.

itza...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2017, 7:32:29 PM1/30/17
to ReminderFox
Yep, I began encountering that problem yesterday using Firefox 51.0.1 (32-bit). I've had this problem intermittently for the last couple of weeks, but it would always correct itself. This time it looks very dead.

Peter Meyers

Jan 31, 2017, 6:14:15 AM1/31/17
to ReminderFox
Good morning:

Thanks to the Reminderfox team on working to resolve the issue.  I also will use Google calendar directly and not complicate the issue by using another calendar app.  This syncing capability is sooooo convenient.  Can not do without it.

Thanks

Peter Meyers

Jan 31, 2017, 10:58:29 AM1/31/17
to ReminderFox
Update:

As one of the previous posters indicated, one solution is to revert to an older version of Firefox (50.1) which took care of the problem.  I also noted that my password manager stopped working also so Firefox's recent version update managed to break several things.

Have been using Firefox for many many years and rather disappointed with their latest move.

F.Y.I.

Joseph Curran

Jan 31, 2017, 7:51:16 PM1/31/17
to ReminderFox
Same problem here. The sync was working fine until about a week ago. Now I am unable to sync the calendars. I deleted the google calendar from the synced and attempted to put it on again to no avail. Does anyone have an answer?

gNeandr

Jan 31, 2017, 7:54:37 PM1/31/17
to jhcu...@gmail.com, ReminderFox
--
ReminderFox - the simple Reminder application for Firefox and Thunderbird
http://www.reminderfox.org

nicolo....@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2017, 5:38:13 AM2/6/17
to ReminderFox
If I had to use another calendar, losing sync with my Android Phone, I'd better remove Reminderfox addon (waiting for its improvement) and keeping open Google Calendar tab... :-)

gNeandr

Feb 6, 2017, 5:42:16 AM2/6/17
to nicolo....@gmail.com, ReminderFox
This isn't the case!

I'm using fruux.com (as one of possible solutions) and I'm syncing my
RmFX Calendar via fruux to get them on the Android device!
Have a look here: https://fruux.com/supported-devices/

Some can be done with iPhone as well!

Guenter

nicolo....@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2017, 7:38:56 AM2/6/17
to ReminderFox, nicolo....@gmail.com, gne...@web.de
I disagree: I'm not on the way to add 2+ app on my phone and tablet, just because of default of 1 Firefox addon.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to a Reminderfox improvement asap...

John Augustin

Feb 6, 2017, 10:05:42 AM2/6/17
to ReminderFox
Fruux works like a charm, never an issue and easy to set up.

John

laufer...@googlemail.com

Feb 13, 2017, 9:01:21 AM2/13/17
to ReminderFox
same problem here. any solutions right now?

Rolf Pedersen

Feb 13, 2017, 9:32:32 AM2/13/17
to ReminderFox
I've synced RF to (damn-)Google calendar for a long time in Seamonkey,
now 2.46, on Linux. I know this is heresy but, whenever I upgrade RF
beyond 2.1.5.2, all my reminders disappear from RF on a fairly frequent
period, so I go back to 2.1.5.2, where sync to (damn-)Google calendar
still works. I realize (damn-)FireFox has it's own proud-of-itself
restrictions but maybe you could try going back with RF as much as
mozilla might let a poor minion do. :-(
Rolf

Guenter

Feb 13, 2017, 10:29:32 AM2/13/17
to ReminderFox
Just to mention ..
Rolf's description has been discussed and evaluated not only once. But it was not reproducible and also I know no other user complaining the "disappearing" reminders.

Would be interesting to get more details from Rolf!

On Monday, February 13, 2017 at 3:32:32 PM UTC+1, Rolf Pedersen wrote:
... upgrade RF beyond 2.1.5.2, all my reminders disappear from RF on a fairly frequent
period, ...

Peter Meyers

Feb 21, 2017, 9:02:17 AM2/21/17
to ReminderFox
Morning,

Just checking back to my thread but looks like no progress as to the syncing issue.  Glad to see that I not the only with problem.  Really hate to go to another calendar app.  O well!

nicolo....@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2017, 11:27:07 AM2/21/17
to ReminderFox
I solved, in another way, opening Google Calendar tab in Firefox. I just suffer from the lack of "Remind me later" button. I think ReminderFox has come to an end.

Peter Meyers

Feb 24, 2017, 7:47:27 AM2/24/17
to ReminderFox, nicolo....@gmail.com
I am beginning to agree with your assessment that RmFx is coming to an end.

Thanks for all of the posts though.....  Have to look into some of the suggestions listed...

Peter Meyers

Mar 13, 2017, 9:29:14 AM3/13/17
to ReminderFox
Greetings

Just checking in to show I am not dead and still interested in a "FIX".  I did open an account with "fruux" and imported my current ReminderFox (*.ics) file.  Seems the on-line calendar is now updated and synced with my Laptop.  My Laptop being my master calendar.

Just installed the "fruux app" on my Smartphone and waiting for my calendar to show in my lists.  Not sure how long that takes to update.  Will give it a while.

Really disappointed that one has to jump through this many hoops to get a totally synced arrangement of calendars.

Hope they are working on a fix to the Google situation and not just leaving us hi and dry.

Mike

nicolo....@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2017, 6:29:49 AM3/23/17
to ReminderFox
May a Firefox downgrade to a previous release (which one?) fix the problem?

Peter Meyers

Mar 23, 2017, 8:21:00 AM3/23/17
to ReminderFox
I believe that Firefox version 51.0.1 worked OK and did not have any issues.  I hate to run outdated versions as the patches usually address security issues.

I am currently using fruux but changing over is a pain as I am finding out.

ram5thwheel

John Augustin

Mar 23, 2017, 10:15:06 AM3/23/17
to remin...@googlegroups.com
I'm using fruux with the latest version of Firefox with no issues.  (Knock on wood.)
--
ReminderFox - the simple Reminder application for Firefox and Thunderbird
http://www.reminderfox.org
---

John Augustin

Phone:  513-984-0425

Cell:  513-470-1603

jbac...@gmail.com

Rolf Pedersen

Mar 23, 2017, 11:05:17 AM3/23/17
to remin...@googlegroups.com
I tried fruux last October.  At least two of us had a problem between RF and fruux where composed events displayed in the calendar at the wrong time that seemed to correspond to the offset between UTC and local time.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/reminderfox/deVxSu86OB8
I run my computer at local time.  Are your events at the correct time across calendars?  Do you run your computer time at UTC?
Rolf
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ReminderFox" group.

John Augustin

Mar 23, 2017, 11:21:54 AM3/23/17
to remin...@googlegroups.com, Guenter
No, I run mine at USA Eastern time and accept the 4 or 5 hour offset with fruux.  Frankly I don't look at fruux that much as I use it mainly as a tool to sync RF with my iPhone Calendar app.

John

Rolf Pedersen

Mar 23, 2017, 11:35:24 AM3/23/17
to remin...@googlegroups.com
Ok, thanks, I might take another look.  Your compromise might be good enough for me, too.
Rolf

gNeandr

Mar 23, 2017, 1:40:25 PM3/23/17
to rolfpe...@mindspring.com, remin...@googlegroups.com, John Augustin

Hi Rolf, hi John,

thanks for your posts. The time difference is because the sync is based on UTC, so Rolf you're right here.
I thought I had corrected that some time ago, but it could be it didn't made it into an official add-on release.

Could you both please let me know which RmFX versions you're using? Maybe I can send to you a copy of my dev version for testing ... at least with Thunderbird it should not be a problem.

Thanks in advance

Günter

John Augustin

Mar 23, 2017, 2:27:53 PM3/23/17
to gNeandr, rolfpe...@mindspring.com, remin...@googlegroups.com
2.1.5.5.3

Guenter, we talked about this and a possible fix a couple of years ago I'm sure.  I didn't push the issue once I figured out that fruux on UTC and me on USA Eastern Time was not affecting the way I use RF.  Regardless, I'll be glad to try a test version.  Can I install it without it being certified, or whatever Mozilla does, now?

John

Peter Meyers

Mar 26, 2017, 6:53:19 AM3/26/17
to remin...@googlegroups.com
Good morning,

I also am experiencing issues with the correct time issue.  I enter an event on ReminderFox and when it sync's to my on-line calendar it is off by 4 hours.  Also the same issue when showing on my Mobile phone.  This is what I mean by "Pain in the A--" as I had no issues with Google calendar and its function.  Now you have to run circles to get the notifications correct.

Another issue is that I maintain a calendar on my elderly mother which is in another color and with one Fruux calendar, I can only pick one color instead of color coding all of my individual events like I could with Google.

Rolf Pedersen

Mar 31, 2017, 8:06:33 AM3/31/17
to RFox
Except it was happening with gcal and before I upgraded from 2.1.5.2, but not always...
Anyway, it seems stable these last several days and is very useful for me.  Thanks for the software!

On 03/30/2017 07:35 AM, Günter wrote:
Just a short note about the 10sec
Supporting utc - - as its necessary with fruux - - each time value needs to be calculated with the timezone shift

---- Rolf Pedersen schrieb ----

Thanks, Guenter.  Seems to be working fine for me RF on Linux Seamonkey <--> BB Q10 <--> Fruux web calendar.
I note the web calendar is set for UTC by default, I think.  This might cause the first opened calendar day to be tomorrow for me in UTC -7 PDT if local time is within 7 hours of midnight but events seem to be all going to the correct time slot on all calendars.  If I change the web calendar to my local time, it displays events with the 7 hour offset at fruux.com so I prefer to deal with the first day sometimes being tomorrow when it opens.
I'm still seeing a big lag, up to 10 seconds for each event, when I process event tabs in the pop-up window or make a new event in RF.  I saw that with gcal, now deleted, starting a month or three ago, iirc, even in my old RF version, but don't think it was there before then, with about the same number of events in my calendar.
Rolf

On 03/27/2017 12:31 PM, gNeandr wrote:

Just received a fruux info, all is up again.

I've checked and RmFX <--> fruux <--> Android Calender  works as it should be.

Give it another try.

Note about local / remote reminders:
If you remove the RmFX sync setup for a remote calendar (as you did with GCal), you are asked to set the reminders as "local". That way you don't loose those reminders on RmFX, but the reminder is removed from the remote calendar!
To delete those local RmFX reminders open the RmFX main list, select the reminders on the list (use shift to select multiple) and delete them with the context menu on the list, find "Delete Reminder".

Does that answer your question about local/remote reminders?

About your 1355 reminders:
Not sure it's a good idea to sync such a number of events. Maybe you can set part of it to local (see above!).

Guenter

On 27.03.2017 20:31, gNeandr wrote:

On 27.03.2017 20:03, gNeandr wrote:

Sorry, similar problems here atm! Also I was not able to add a reminder on the fruux calendar page directly, it does take it with Save.

Just send a request to fruux.

On 27.03.2017 19:26, Rolf Pedersen wrote:
"I have an ics exported from fruux and will try importing that to RFox after waiting a little while to see if there is some sound advice to do otherwise."

I did that.  One test event created in RFox synced to fruux and Blackberry Q10.  Removed from BB10, that was removed from fruux but not RFox.  However, now I keep getting a long time for RFox sync action and this:

RF Options > Sync > Remote Calendars > fruux > Configure > Login > Validated! success reported, remote event count reported.

But an event created on the phone does not show up in fruux and this RFox pop-up appears periodically due to "Auto Sync", I guess.

On 03/27/2017 06:13 AM, Rolf Pedersen wrote:
I updated to

ReminderFox  [2.1.5.5.3]   release    <'20160719_2129'>
  Profile directory: /home/rolf/.mozilla/seamonkey/w1o08opq.default
  Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/49.0 SeaMonkey/2.46 (en-US)

Already, it had: extensions.reminderFox.utcFormat;true

I deleted my calendar at fruux and started a new one, then added RFox on my computer as a device. I then imported the latest RFox ics to fruux, as sync didn't seem to populate fruux from RFox.  At the fruux web calendar, it reports:

1355 Events. Without recurring events

(Aside: After updating RFox, before, while, and occasionally after adding fruux I started getting this pop-up:

For some time, now, long before updating RFox from
2.1.5.2, RFox has been taking a long time syncing to gcal, maybe some change at google, and maybe this pop-up is a new feature reporting the lag?)

I added my Blackberry Q10 to fruux, deleting the google calendar from there.  Sync and test events seemed to be working all around with correct times displayed.  I unchecked gcal in RFox sync tab.

This morning, all RFox events are duplicated.  Even if I delete gcal in RFox, it keeps all the events as local; I don't see a function for removing local events.  So, I try to restore an empty RFox ics, which I've done before to clear all the events.  I think
2.1.5.2 had let me do that but now I get a pop-up about 0 reminders and RFox won't let me 0 out the calendar.  If I use the ics I saved with one event, that gets me back to almost empty RFox.

Now, my RFox has one event, fruux remains as the single remote calendar, and sync doesn't download the events from fruux to RFox.  Blackberry and fruux calendars seem to still have the reminders.  I have an ics exported from fruux and will try importing that to RFox after waiting a little while to see if there is some sound advice to do otherwise.
Rolf

On 03/26/2017 07:58 AM, gNeandr wrote:

Hello,

for syncing with fruux instead of gcal and to have the correct time values on Reminderfox / fruux / mobil device you need to have the right Reminderfox version but also you have to set a preference for UTC handling.

Please check for the following preference:

extensions.reminderFox.utcFormat;true
This can be seen with entering to the Firefox url textbox:   about:config
On the next screen to the "Search" enter: extensions.reminderFox.utcFormat

If you don't find that preference you don't have a Reminderfox version supporting UTC handling. Please let me know so and give also the RmFX version. See Reminderfox About dialog.

Günter