Alert window scrolls every 15 minutes.

face...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2016, 5:30:52 PM3/13/16
to remin...@googlegroups.com
How do I turn this off? Please for the love of God. It's getting in the way of everything I do and I can't find any settings for it. It scrolls by from the top of the screen down to the bottom and tells me there's NOTHING for me to do today OVER AND OVER. I didn't need anything to get in my way to tell me nothing one time, let alone nearly 100 times a day!

I tried to read the help page to find out what options are what. I don't want to change the wrong thing and not be notified about something important, but the help manual is nothing more than pictures of the option pages I was looking at.

Colin Law

Mar 13, 2016, 5:49:21 PM3/13/16
to face...@gmail.com, ReminderFox
On 13 March 2016 at 03:22, <face...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How do I turn this off? Please for the love of God. It's getting in the way of everything I do and I can't find any settings for it. It scrolls by from the top of the screen down to the bottom and tells me there's NOTHING for me to do today OVER AND OVER. I didn't need anything to get in my way to tell me nothing one time, let alone nearly 100 times a day!

In the options, Notifications tab, if you uncheck Foxy Alert Slider
then that should stop it. There has recently been a report from
someone else that it would not stop however. Get back to us to tell
us whether it has stopped or not.

Colin

> I tried to read the help page to find out what options are what. I don't want to change the wrong thing and not be notified about something important, but the help manual is nothing more than pictures of the option pages I was looking at.
>
> --
> ReminderFox - the simple Reminder application for Firefox and Thunderbird
> http://www.reminderfox.org
> ---

zumi...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2016, 8:05:32 PM3/13/16
to ReminderFox, face...@gmail.com
Well im running Ubuntu 15.10 with firefox 45 and this sliding notification still appear (the option Foxy Alert slider is unchecked)

Guenter

Mar 14, 2016, 2:36:04 PM3/14/16
to ReminderFox, face...@gmail.com
Can you tell which operation system you're using?
Windows/OSX/Linux/Ubuntu?

kah5683

Mar 15, 2016, 9:35:45 AM3/15/16
to ReminderFox, face...@gmail.com
I'm having the same issue.  I unchecked the Foxy Alert Slider and still get it scrolling over and over again all day long!  I am running pclinuxos, and the OP is running Ubuntu 15.10 with FF 45.  I am running FF 45 also.

This is truly annoying!

tonya.m...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2016, 10:49:35 AM3/15/16
to ReminderFox, face...@gmail.com

I'm running Fedora 23 Linux OS and unchecking the slider does not eliminate it. That is really an annoying feature.

gNeandr

Mar 15, 2016, 11:31:24 AM3/15/16
to kah5683, ReminderFox, face...@gmail.com
Very sorry about this!

To be honest at the moment I don't have an answer .. and more baldy my Ubuntu/Mint installation changed to a "better" method (after doing the scrolling down at the right side), now it's popping in the the Alert Slider and after the time for closing it moves down to close.

Finally it's a Linux problem only .. no user with other os has complained (afaik).

Keep trying to solve it. Any good explanation is very much welcomed.

Guenter
This conversation is locked