Support: unable to delete current and past occurrences

Ron Carrubba

Oct 5, 2016, 5:40:34 PM10/5/16
to remin...@googlegroups.com
Please describe your Feedback or Support Request and set an appropriate
'Subject'.

undefined

I am using ReminderFox v2.1.5.5.3 with Thunderbird v45.4.0. Over the
last several months I've come across a irritating issue where I am
unable to delete current and past occurrences from reoccurring reminders
(usually monthly reminders). I sync ReminderFox with my Google
Calendar. I usually have to select the delete option several times and
sometimes I just quit out of Thunderbird and then open it back up.
Sometimes the reminder won't return, other times it may return but then
goes away at a later time.

I've been using ReminderFox with with my Google calendar for several
years with no issues and have not changed anything. I am reporting it
because I see there are some similar issues like this going back a
couple of years in the support forums, but not sure if it's the same
actual problem that I'm having since this only started like I mentioned
several months ago.

Regards,
Ron C.

gNeandr

Oct 6, 2016, 4:02:47 AM10/6/16
to ron...@swbell.net, remin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ron,

good to hear there are user working with Reminderfox and Remote Calendar
since years, thanks and I hope it was a good help over the time ;-)

I have to convince, your complain isn't new to me and I tried to follow
that situation some when in the past already ... sorry with not a big
success :-(

I think it's due to the different handling of recurring reminders on
Reminderfox and Google Calendar .. and both are "valid" -- the standard
allow different interpretations here.

Hope to get time later this year to have a further look into this .. and
to have more success then.

Guenter