suggestion for an easy defined alarm time

myw...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2014, 6:18:47 AM2/14/14
to remin...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would like to able to add an alarm from trhe fin.-news-site:
http://www.forexfactory.com/calendar.php#closed
just by copy and paste.

What get if mark and copy is:
15:15 USD Capacity Utilization Rate 79.4% 79.2%
This line at my clipboard I would like to paste it into the new immediate-alarm.
First the time (of today - my responsibility) then a tab and then the rest of the line.

At least to enter the time '15:15' being copied to the clipboard would be nice to be able to enter completely by paste. Right now I have to do so many stupid mouse clicks :(

gooly

Guenter

Feb 14, 2014, 6:57:57 AM2/14/14
to remin...@googlegroups.com, myw...@gmail.com
Hi, seems a bit strange to parse such table to extract an "event" and much more to  automatically define an alarmed event.

The only way I could suggest: select the row on that forex table and use the context menu to have/use "Add/Subscribe with Reminderfox".
That should add the selected text to the Reminderfox event to the note textbox.
Now you have it directly for any other paste and copy.
And yes it's "so many stupid mouse clicks" .. but we only can import clean ICS data or just try to extract standard/general elements from the source like title of the page, links or selected text. More is up to the user or supplier of the info.

Maybe there are other users with more experience on that ...

Guenter