Reminders list not sorted in date sequence

zds...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2018, 7:54:40 AM2/21/18
to ReminderFox
On the main reminders list we have "date description" - they are in date sequence.But when I change something in an existing reminder, the date of the change becomes the date for the sort sequence, and the actual target date is shown in the description field in brackets - this is confusing since now the list is not sorted on target date sequence any more!
What am I missing here - this is too big a deal for not being noticed by other people - hopefully there is a simple fix or I am doing something wrong.
Thanks in advance for whatever help I can get

Guenter

Feb 21, 2018, 9:15:53 AM2/21/18
to ReminderFox
The RmFX MainList is a table with a column headers row on top.
Click on any of the column headers to sort the table for that attribute (Date or Description etc). There are three sort modes: natural (no sorting, show table as it was build), sorting up and sorting down. For sorting up/down you get an arrow on the header to show the active mode.

Maybe you have all columns not sorted? No arrows shown?

Guenter

zds...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2018, 4:16:52 AM2/22/18
to ReminderFox
Thanks for your answer! However...

- The table is sorted - the header says "Date" - no arrow! When I click on it it will resort ascending or descending, still no arrow.

- The date that it is sorting on is not the "event date" - but some other date. When I changed an item, it was initially the change date. But now it is always today's date - it is moving ahead one day at a time! So I have for example an event on May 29 - which it knows about as it is showing this date at the end of the description between square brackets - it's only doing it on items that I have changed, if the item is an original that was never changed it does not show any date on the description. So this May 29 today is showing after Feb.7 and before Mar.17, and the date in the date column is Feb.22! I got a few of them like that. Past dates have a line across the date and the rest, including these with today's date on them, do not.

- I have added a new event and it got inserted properly according to the event date.

gNeandr

Feb 22, 2018, 5:14:33 AM2/22/18
to zds...@gmail.com, ReminderFox
Not showing the arrows after clicking on the table header is a
'mysterious' .. maybe a FX/TB problem? Send your RmFX installation
string please. You get it with opening the Reminderfox About dialog,
that doing you will find the installation string in the copy buffer, so
just use Paste (Cntrl V) in a reply-to-all mail.

The description of what you are doing and getting is a bit hard to
follow, maybe some screen shots of the RmFX MainList would help. (If
necessary send it private to gneandr at gmail)

Guenter

zds...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2018, 10:55:08 PM2/22/18
to ReminderFox
Thanks Guenter for your response - much appreciated. I apologize if I didn't explain everything clearly enough - I have a tendency to over-complicate things sometimes...
Here are the installation strings - seem the same except for location

TBird:
ReminderFox [2.1.5.5.3] release <'20170625_1059'>
Profile directory: C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\kw7o894s.default
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/52.6.0 (en-US)

FF:
ReminderFox [2.1.5.5.3] release <'20170625_1059'>
Profile directory: C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\hwbxfwe3.default
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0 (en-US)

Sent you a separate email with 2 attachments - a screenshot, also an export of the calendar. Hope you can figure it out.

Relevant point you should know - I am using RmFX both in FF and TBird - they behave exactly the same - the TBird is new so it has to be the latest software - I got them both pointing to the same calendar file. The attachments are both from TBird since I wanted eliminate any question regarding FF, as I am not using the latest version - keeping the old 56 because of all the BS with the new one!

(side Question re FF - does it update add-ons automatically?)

Thanks again - you can respond directly as you'll see my gmail address on my email,
Dani