question from an old user

Dani

Jun 14, 2020, 3:59:32 PM6/14/20
to remin...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I've had ReminderFox running on both my Firefox and Thunderbird for
quite a while - haven't checked it for a while - now only on Thunderbird
- and I can't get it to work! The icon is on the Thunderbird menu but
nothing happens when I click it. I am afraid to download a new version
as I don't want to lose all my previous dates. What to do?

Thanks,

Dan Peer

Paul Swain

Jun 15, 2020, 5:56:16 AM6/15/20
to ReminderFox
On Monday, 15 June 2020 05:59:32 UTC+10, Dani wrote:

The icon is on the Thunderbird menu but
nothing happens when I click it. I am afraid to download a new version
as I don't want to lose all my previous dates. What to do?

Hi Dan!

Due to changes in Thunderbird, ReminderFox doesn't work any more so you'll need to find another calendar programme.

I switched to the Lightning calendar that is included in Thunderbird.  There's information on the Lightning Calendar at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/thunderbird/calendar

You can import all your existing events into Lightning by importing the reminderfox.ics file.  You import the file by going to the Events and Tasks section of the Thunderbird menu and selecting Import...

The reminderfox.ics is in the Thunderbird profile.  If you're not sure how to access the Thunderbird profile, if you go to the Help in the Thunderbird menu, and then choose Troubleshooting Information, Thunderbird will open a page with a whole lot of information.

In the first section, Application Basics, look for the Profile Folder line.  If you click on the button there it will open the folder where all the Thunderbird data is stored.  If you look in there you should find a reminderfox folder and the reminderfox.ics file should be in there.

Hope that helps you get a calendar working again.

Paul

Colin Law

Jun 17, 2020, 6:19:12 AM6/17/20
to ReminderFox
It still works fine in Waterfox Classic (which is a Firefox fork) if
you want to keep Reminderfox as is.

Colin
> --
> ReminderFox - the simple Reminder application for Firefox and Thunderbird
> http://www.reminderfox.org
> ---

Dani

Jun 21, 2020, 5:07:49 PM6/21/20
to ReminderFox Group

Thank you Paul for this help - I am sorry to see this wonderful add-on go - unfortunately that's the way of the world...

Take care, keep safe!

Dani

On 6/21/2020 5:49 AM, Paul Swain wrote:

Hi Dan!

Just realised that I didn't send my reply to you directly, and that therefore you may not have received it.

Hope it helps.

Paul