Attention devs/Need new repeat options Please

vincew...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2016, 10:39:26 PM9/25/16
to ReminderFox
I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon). We have a annual (April) and semi annual (October) conference. The conference is always the first Sunday of the month. A Saturday Morning Session, Saturday Afternoon Session, Morning Session and Sunday Afternoon Session. It's always governed by whenever the first Sunday of the month is. It could be the first weekend in the month or if Sunday falls on the first then the Saturday session is on the last day of the previous month. Their doesn't seem to be a way to do that or if there is then how do I set that up? I use both Windows and Ubuntu (Linux). Thanks for your help and if new code is needed then then please tell if it will be added, hopefully soon. Thanks. I think Reminderfox is great but this new option would make it even better.

Another great option would be a way to sync reminders and lists across OS's.

gNeandr

Sep 26, 2016, 12:53:36 PM9/26/16
to vincew...@gmail.com, ReminderFox
Hello,

thanks for using/evaluating Reminderfox.

Yes, it seems to be a tricky situation. You can define an repeating
event which occurs every first Sunday a month. The same for Saturday.
But if the 1st of a month is on Sunday (May 2016) that first Saturday is
on the 7th for example. There is no way to 'connect' the first Saturday
to such a rule 'if the 1st is a Sunday, then ...

The other problem here is, Reminderfox doesn't support to exclude or
change specific instances of a repeating reminder.

For your last point: Reminderfox stores the events/reminders such way
that can use that store on any supported OS. So my setup is o use the
same ICS file with a dual boot system (Linux and Windows).
Also you can share the reminders (ICS file) with sync via a remote
system like Google Calendar or (my favorit) fruux.com. That way anyone
how has access to the remote calendar can read (and write) to the
calendar. I think with fruux you can also have a setup so only specific
users can write to it. Give it a try.

Guenter