ReminderFox 2.1.5.5 Continues to be Disabled due to non-verified Add On Signing

Kristine Sunday

Apr 8, 2016, 11:38:28 AM4/8/16
to remin...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I am trying to use ReminderFox version 2.1.5.5 on my Mozilla Firefox browser.  However, every morning when I open my browser, ReminderFox has been disabled due to a non-verified Add On Signing.  Is this Add On Signing something you will be getting for this version of ReminderFox?  I like using ReminderFox and would love to continue using it.  But, in all honesty, I probably won't keep reinstalling the Add-On every morning as a long-term solution.

BTW:  I am installing ReminderFox from the official Firefox Add On site.

Thank you for your consideration of making this version a verified Add On Signing with Firefox.

Kristine

This relates to ReminderFox installed on: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0

gNeandr

Apr 8, 2016, 11:58:26 AM4/8/16
to Kristine Sunday, remin...@googlegroups.com

Surprise, surprise,

just double checked my setup with FX45.0.1 and Reminderfox 2.1.5.5 and I don't have any problems.

Reminderfox 2.1.5.5 has been signed and released April 6th by Mozilla, so it should work without the trouble you describe, sorry.

The only point I can recommend is to remove Reminderfox on the Firefox/Add-on page and to restart Firefox. This will not delete your reminders, but  .. to be sure .. before going for the add-on removal use the Options --> General page to make a copy for your own, use a secure place.

After restarting Firefox, again go to the Add-on page --> Get Add-ons. There enter "Reminderfox" to the search box and allow to search/install.

Does it helps?

Günter

--
ReminderFox - the simple Reminder application for Firefox and Thunderbird
http://www.reminderfox.org

John Skelton

Apr 9, 2016, 9:05:47 AM4/9/16
to gNeandr, Kristine Sunday, remin...@googlegroups.com
I have been having the EXACT SAME problem as Kristine and even after following the suggested "correction" by Günter the same problem still recurs and ReminderFox needs to be reinstalled to have it work for a short period of time before it is "rejected" again.

I am using the latest Firefox version and the new version of ReminderFox.  Any more suggestions for fixing this situation?  Or, any suggestions for an add-on that would replace FireFox?

Thanks.
John

Colin Law

Apr 9, 2016, 10:29:08 AM4/9/16
to John Skelton, gNeandr, Kristine Sunday, remin...@googlegroups.com
On 9 April 2016 at 14:05, John Skelton <jon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been having the EXACT SAME problem as Kristine and even after
> following the suggested "correction" by Günter the same problem still recurs
> and ReminderFox needs to be reinstalled to have it work for a short period
> of time before it is "rejected" again.
>
> I am using the latest Firefox version and the new version of ReminderFox.
> Any more suggestions for fixing this situation? Or, any suggestions for an
> add-on that would replace FireFox?

Hi John, sorry to hear you are still having problems.
Did you definitely remove Reminderfox (not just disable it) and did
you definitely restart firefox after removing RF, before installing it
again?

If you did then can we have some more information please:
What operating system are you using?

What do you see for the Firefox version in Help > About Firefox

Open the Reminderfox window and click on the Fox and then About
Reminderfox then close that window come back to your reply here and
paste into the email. That will give some useful information.

Colin

John Skelton

Apr 9, 2016, 11:02:29 AM4/9/16
to Colin Law, gNeandr, Kristine Sunday, remin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your response.  Firstly, this has been an ongoing problem for many weeks (ever since the prior version of Reminderfox, and new version of Firefox, I think).

In answer to your query, I DID close Firefox (in fact rebooted my computer) after removing ReminderFox, (it had already been disabled by Firefox (as per usual) due to not being verified) and before reinstalling it again.  Just before your email response this  morning I again had a notification that Reminderfox had been disabled (had been working with computer for about 2 hours) - However, until I restart Firefox it is still showing the Foxy icon and ReminderFox is still functioning. Once Firefox is restarted it will be gone, however!

Now, to respond to your specific questions:

Operating System: Windows 10
Firefox Version is: 45.0.1
ReminderFox details are pasted below

Would uninstalling Firefox & reinstalling again possibly fix the situation? But, if I do that I think all my other add-ons may be lost as well as all settings - Not desirable!

This is really bothersome as ReminderFox needs to be reinstalled each time I start my computer.

Thanks,
John

Inline image 1

Colin Law

Apr 9, 2016, 11:10:20 AM4/9/16
On 9 April 2016 at 16:01, John Skelton <jon...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your response. Firstly, this has been an ongoing problem for many weeks (ever since the prior version of Reminderfox, and new version of Firefox, I think).
>
> In answer to your query, I DID close Firefox (in fact rebooted my computer) after removing ReminderFox, (it had already been disabled by Firefox (as per usual) due to not being verified) and before reinstalling it again. Just before your email response this morning I again had a notification that Reminderfox had been disabled (had been working with computer for about 2 hours) - However, until I restart Firefox it is still showing the Foxy icon and ReminderFox is still functioning. Once Firefox is restarted it will be gone, however!
>
> Now, to respond to your specific questions:
>
> Operating System: Windows 10
> Firefox Version is: 45.0.1
> ReminderFox details are pasted below

You did not quite follow my instructions. After opening the About
window don't copy, just close the window and paste here. It is a bit
unusual I know, but opening the window automatically copies stuff into
the paste buffer.

Colin

> Would uninstalling Firefox & reinstalling again possibly fix the situation? But, if I do that I think all my other add-ons may be lost as well as all settings - Not desirable!
>
> This is really bothersome as ReminderFox needs to be reinstalled each time I start my computer.
>
> Thanks,
> John

Colin Law

Apr 9, 2016, 11:24:33 AM4/9/16
to John Skelton, Guenter, remin...@googlegroups.com
On 9 April 2016 at 16:17, John Skelton <jon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry - Hope I did this right.....
>
> ReminderFox [2.1.5.5] release <'20160404_2213'>
> Profile directory:
> C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\na9wylf8.default-1455667317013
> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0
> (en-CA)

Well I can't see anything wrong. I think I will have to leave it to
Guenter for further suggestions.
Why just one or two people should have a problem I don't know.

Colin

gNeandr

Apr 9, 2016, 12:20:04 PM4/9/16
to Colin Law, John Skelton, remin...@googlegroups.com, Kristine Sunday
Thanks for reporting, and thanks to Colin to help here :-)

As I already wrote "Surprise, Surprise"

There seems to be a add-on installation problem. Unfortunately I don't have access to a Windows 10 installation, hope the following step are not that wrong.

We should try to totally deinstall Reminderfox. Not only using the FX page Add-ons. I think, here that process leaves some parts untouched .. have that seen before.

First you need to know where the add-ons (and Reminderfox) are installed. Have a look at Reminderfox --> Options --> General.  Normally you're using the default setup, so you could see the location of the reminderfox.ics.

Part of that will lead you to the add-on installation location, on Window7 you will find a location like this .. hope with W10 it's similar:
Windows7:   c:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\{someRandomNumber}.default\reminderfox\reminderfox.ics

-- First close Firefox.

-- Open the Windows file manager and select the directory c:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\{someRandomNumber}.default\

You should see some directories and files we need to work on:
-- extensions   This holds all the add-ons/extensions code. There is the Reminderfox  directory
{ada4b710-8346-4b82-8199-5de2b400a6ae}
-- delete that directory. Probably you need access right to do so.

-- if you have a directory "staged", open that and find also a file and directory with our {ada4... }. Also delete those, if the directory is empty after deleting them, you can also delete the "staged" directory.

That should have removed all code for Reminderfox. Because the reminders/todos resist in a different directory you don't loose them.

Now start Firefox and install Reminderfox 2.1.5.5 from the Mozilla page:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/reminderfox/

Hope it helps ... please drop a line about it

Guenter

Kristine Sunday

Apr 9, 2016, 12:40:36 PM4/9/16
to gNeandr, Colin Law, John Skelton, remin...@googlegroups.com
The problem here is that this correction requires me to "mess around with" file directories. Not able to do this with a work computer unfortunately. Plus, the beauty of Reminderfox was it's simplicity of use. If I'm going to have to get into file directories to make this Add-On work, I have to weigh the pros and cons of using it. Especially if it's a work computer and I don't have full authority over it. Any ideas for us low-level computer folks :-)

Thank you,
Kristine

gNeandr

Apr 9, 2016, 1:01:49 PM4/9/16
to Kristine Sunday, Colin Law, John Skelton, remin...@googlegroups.com
OK, understand.

Also it's not a very normal situation. OK, there is another user complaining also with the same (?) situation.
If you don't want to work/delete on the computer, first we should prove my idea is right. So .. as a minimum .. go for the directories and have a look there which directory/files are in there. Is there a stage dir?

You can write to me directly: gneandr at web dot de

Guenter

John Skelton

Apr 9, 2016, 3:03:16 PM4/9/16
to gNeandr, Kristine Sunday, Colin Law, remin...@googlegroups.com
Guenter,

I have attempted to follow your instructions and did delete what I hope was the correct file - Only one.  Then reinstalled ReminderFox (RF) and this time there were no Reminders/ToDos showing until they were restored from my BackUp file - The fact that they were missing is a difference from all the other times I have reinstalled RF due to my daily problem. So, hopefully I will get no further notifications of RF being disabled due to lack of verification.

Will only add to this communication if there are CONTINUING issues in the future (hopefully not).  Much appreciate your detailed attention to my problems.

John

John Skelton

Apr 9, 2016, 3:16:37 PM4/9/16
to gNeandr, Kristine Sunday, Colin Law, remin...@googlegroups.com
Sadly the attempt to fix my RF problem has failed.  Don't know why I didn't think to re-start Firefox BEFORE I sent my last email, but in any event, when I did so the same old notification appeared (see below).  So, maybe I did not follow instructions correctly, but whatever the case, it is disappointing!

John

Inline image 3

...and within my Add-Ons listings here is the wording:
Inline image 2

Colin Law

Apr 9, 2016, 3:39:07 PM4/9/16
On 9 April 2016 at 20:15, John Skelton <jon...@gmail.com> wrote:
Sadly the attempt to fix my RF problem has failed.  Don't know why I didn't think to re-start Firefox BEFORE I sent my last email, but in any event, when I did so the same old notification appeared (see below).  So, maybe I did not follow instructions correctly, but whatever the case, it is disappointing!

Guenter, might a workaround for these unusual cases be to set xpinstall.signatures.required false in Firefox "about:config" or do you think that only applies whilst installing in the first place?

Colin

John Skelton

Apr 10, 2016, 9:52:14 AM4/10/16
to Colin Law, gNeandr, Kristine Sunday, remin...@googlegroups.com

I seem to have fixed my (auto disable/lack of verification) ReminderFox (RF) problem with the use of another Add-On called Clean Uninstall  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/clean-uninstall/?src=ss

My RF has now been functioning/stable since about mid-day yesterday and it opened without incident this morning – Fingers crossed for the future!

For anyone interested here is what I did, to the best of my recollection:

1.    1. Installed Clean Uninstall 0.1.4.1 – There is no restart required and no icon appears where other add-on icons are displayed. The add-on is accessed via the add-ons list Clean UninstallOptions” button & at the very bottom of that page is the “Open Cleaner” button, which, if clicked will show various items (from other add-ons) that can be selected for deletion, BUT, this has nothing to do with RF – yet.

2.   2. Return to the add-on list and click the RF “Remove” button (in my case RF had already been auto-disabled)

3.    3.  Close Firefox (I also rebooted computer for good measure)

4.    4.  Reopen Firefox and reinstall ReminderFox, which requires a restart of Firefox.

5.     5. Immediately upon restart of Firefox go to add-ons list and click “Remove” button for RF

6.     6. Clean Uninstall may automatically pop up a page showing numerous RF items selected for deletion, but if not click “Options” button for Clean Uninstall and then “Open Cleaner” (at bottom of page) if deletion selections do not automatically pop up.

7.     7. There should be numerous RF Preferences (I had 73) selected for deletion, which can be done by clicking “Remove Selected Items” at bottom of page.

8.     8. Close Firefox (again I rebooted computer for good measure!) then restart and again reinstall ReminderFox – Hopefully for the last time.

I actually had to do this (approximate) process a couple times because the problem recurred initially which may have been due to missing steps outlined above. In any event I seem to be up and running at the moment and hopefully the issue has been permanently resolved. If using Open Cleaner add-on for other cleanup be a bit careful about which Preferences are chosen for deletion as it could mess up some of your other add-ons.

John

gNeandr

Apr 10, 2016, 11:34:17 AM4/10/16
to John Skelton, Kristine Sunday, Colin Law, remin...@googlegroups.com, Tom Mutdosch
BIG Thanks goes to John for pointing to this maintenance add-on. THANKS!

If using this one helps, OK. As it's very much developed to repair a faulty Firefox profile, I remember a lot of comments on the net NOT to waste time for a profile repair, but go directly to setup a new one. That approach needs some time, but really it will -- naturally -- kill all unused/wrong stuff resulting in a smoother browser with better response time.

Anyhow, if the Clean-Unstall solves the problem, fine :-)

Guenter

John Skelton

Apr 11, 2016, 10:30:38 AM4/11/16
to gNeandr, Kristine Sunday, Colin Law, remin...@googlegroups.com, Tom Mutdosch
Well, so much for my personal "Fix"!  ReminderFox has just been disabled by Firefox again, but it did work all day yesterday. This is so frustrating.
John

Inline image 1

Colin Law

Apr 11, 2016, 10:54:33 AM4/11/16
to John Skelton, gNeandr, Kristine Sunday, remin...@googlegroups.com, Tom Mutdosch
On 11 April 2016 at 15:29, John Skelton <jon...@gmail.com> wrote:
Well, so much for my personal "Fix"!  ReminderFox has just been disabled by Firefox again, but it did work all day yesterday. This is so frustrating.

I suggest trying the recommended procedure for refreshing your Firefox profile, see
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings.

Colin

John Skelton

Apr 11, 2016, 11:08:43 AM4/11/16
to Colin Law, gNeandr, Kristine Sunday, remin...@googlegroups.com, Tom Mutdosch
Thanks Colin,

I may eventually have to try those measures, but have been reluctant as I have numerous add-ons currently and am concerned about them being removed, and the settings likely to be lost. This happened to me some time ago and it took a long time to get things back to "normal"!  I am trying my "personal fix" one more time before getting more drastic with your suggestions.  Thanks again.

John

Colin Law

Apr 11, 2016, 11:22:39 AM4/11/16
On 11 April 2016 at 16:08, John Skelton <jon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Colin,
>
> I may eventually have to try those measures, but have been reluctant as I
> have numerous add-ons currently and am concerned about them being removed,
> and the settings likely to be lost. This happened to me some time ago and it
> took a long time to get things back to "normal"! I am trying my "personal
> fix" one more time before getting more drastic with your suggestions.

I believe that if you make a new profile you can still keep the old
one and switch between them, though I have not tried it. At least
then you could confirm that it fixes the problem. If it does then you
try the refresh on the old profile which is supposed to keep the
existing settings. This is from reading those links though, rather
than personal experience, so don't blame me if you do lose your
settings. :)

There must also be a slight possibility that the problem is caused by
an interaction between RF and one of the other addons, though that
does not seem particularly likely.

Colin

Kristine Sunday

Apr 11, 2016, 11:39:29 AM4/11/16
to Colin Law, John Skelton, gNeandr, remin...@googlegroups.com, Tom Mutdosch
I just refreshed the Firefox profile per the instructions via the link you've provided, re-installed the Reminderfox Add-On, and within 10 minutes I got notified that my Reminderfox Add-On will be disabled.  When I have time, I'll try creating a new profile.

Kristine

John Skelton

Apr 11, 2016, 11:45:27 AM4/11/16
to Kristine Sunday, Colin Law, gNeandr, remin...@googlegroups.com, Tom Mutdosch
Thanks for that information Kristine.  I think I will hold off on that solution for now and wait to hear how you make out with a new profile.  So far my "personal fix" is holding this morning, but I have little confidence it will be permanent!

John

gNeandr

Apr 11, 2016, 11:51:33 AM4/11/16
to John Skelton, Kristine Sunday, Colin Law, remin...@googlegroups.com, Tom Mutdosch
Hello to the unhappy users,

very sorry to hear you that little success. As Colin explained to start with a new profile but leaving the "old" in place would be the very recommended approach.
Starting with just Reminderfox and see if Firefox  again disables or leave it as good. Then step by step adding more of your favorite other add-ons is also a good move. Also Colin pointed to the possibility of some incompatibilities, also I haven't heard about one very specific add-on with RmFX 2.1.5.4. If that has been solved with the 2.1.5.5 is ot known atm.

Good luck, hope you have success now.

Guenter

Colin Law

Kristine Sunday

Apr 11, 2016, 11:58:57 AM4/11/16
to gNeandr, John Skelton, Colin Law, remin...@googlegroups.com, Tom Mutdosch
I haven't done the new profile option yet, but just thought I'd pass on that Reminderfox is actually the only Add-On I have installed. Therefore, I can confirm this issue is not related to other Add-Ons. Hope that helps a bit :-).

Will let you know the results of a new profile. Today is a busy day for me, so I may not have an opportunity to do this until tomorrow.

Kristine

Kristine Sunday

Apr 11, 2016, 12:00:37 PM4/11/16
to gNeandr, John Skelton, Colin Law, remin...@googlegroups.com, Tom Mutdosch
Instead of unhappy users... Let's go with determined users  :-)

Kristine

gNeandr

Apr 11, 2016, 12:04:28 PM4/11/16
to Colin Law, John Skelton, Kristine Sunday, remin...@googlegroups.com, Tom Mutdosch
Colin about xpinstall.signatures.required
Sure(?)! But that fixes -- maybe -- the situation for the moment, but I
expect the problem comes back. Bach with the next FX release. AFAIR FX46
doesn't allow that and addon not signed will not works .... also we know
Reminderfox 2.1.5.5 is signed.

@Kristine .. thanks hearing you are using only one add-on, so it's not
related to compatibility issues.
> Instead of unhappy users... Let's go with determined users :-)
+1000 ;-)

Guenter

Kristine Sunday

Apr 12, 2016, 12:23:17 PM4/12/16
to gNeandr, Colin Law, John Skelton, remin...@googlegroups.com, Tom Mutdosch
My Reminderfox was still intact this morning when I started up Firefox... Fingers crossed. Here's what I did:

1. I tried refreshing the Firefox profile; which didn't work.
2. I then signed out of my Firefox Account and reloaded the Reminderfox Add-On.
3. I've not signed into my Firefox Account since (not have I created a new account) because I wanted to test this step. I successfully opened and closed Firefox a couple of times yesterday and then again this morning - Reminderfox stayed active.

I haven't logged back into my Account for fear of loosing Reminderfox again, but if you need me to test that scenario let me know.

Kristine

gNeandr

Apr 12, 2016, 12:31:32 PM4/12/16
to Kristine Sunday, Colin Law, John Skelton, remin...@googlegroups.com, Tom Mutdosch
Dear Kristine,

thanks for keeping us informed :-) .

There is a but:
Sorry, but I don't know I understand the steps you did.
-- understood the refreshing John described doesn't worked
-- you did not defined a new profile, right?

-- you just removed/reinstalled Reminderfox on your "old" profile

-- is the "my account" the same you have always used, or did you defined
a new one?

Hope we can get the same understanding here.

Guenter

Colin Law

Apr 12, 2016, 1:14:56 PM4/12/16
to Kristine Sunday, gNeandr, John Skelton, remin...@googlegroups.com, Tom Mutdosch
Hi Kristine

When you say Firefox Account do you mean this sort of account
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Identity/Firefox_Accounts

Colin

Kristine Sunday

Apr 12, 2016, 1:20:30 PM4/12/16
to gNeandr, Colin Law, John Skelton, remin...@googlegroups.com, Tom Mutdosch
Sure thing. Here's more info, hope it helps.

- Initially, before the issues became apparent, I installed Reminderfox then created a new Firefox Account (under Firefox's Sync button/tab on their Options page) to sync Firefox settings, including the Reminderfox Add-On, across my devices. Although I have used Firefox for years, I had never installed an Add-On nor have I ever had a Firefox Account before.
- Then later that same day, the Signing issue occurred.
- Emails ensued and several attempts of reinstalling the Add-On occurred :-)
- Yesterday morning I tried the refresh of the Firefox profile; which didn't work.
- Yesterday afternoon I manually signed out of of my Firefox Account (I had it set to save, so every time I launched Firefox I was automatically signed in).
- Then I closed Firefox and relaunched it (just to make sure I was really signed out of my account still).
- Finally, I re-installed the Reminderfox Add-On and restored my reminders and tasks from an earlier backup. Throughout the rest of the day, it stayed installed. This morning it was still there - yay!
- I have not logged into my Firefox Account, nor have I created a new one. I've not created any profiles either.

Does this explain my actions better? Do you need me to do/try anything else?

I will keep everyone posted if it stays installed throughout the day.

Kristine

gNeandr

Apr 12, 2016, 1:29:40 PM4/12/16
to Kristine Sunday, Colin Law, John Skelton, remin...@googlegroups.com, Tom Mutdosch
Thanks Kristine,

maybe it's the solution? You describe you use "Firefox Account" -- Colin
pointed to this page:
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/Identity/Firefox_Accounts
I think I never used that, so it could be the key to our problem here.
Just for completeness, you wrote
> - Initially, before the issues became apparent, I installed Reminderfox then created a new Firefox Account (under Firefox's Sync button/tab on their Options page) to sync Firefox settings, including the Reminderfox Add-On, across my devices.

Which "devices" do you have set for the sync?
I guess your PC/Desktop, your mobile device .. Android ..

Would be important to know

Guenter

Kristine Sunday

Apr 12, 2016, 2:01:45 PM4/12/16
to gNeandr, Colin Law, John Skelton, remin...@googlegroups.com, Tom Mutdosch
Maybe we're getting closer- fingers crossed.

I only created the Firefox Sync Account to possibly sync my new Reminderfox Add-On with other devices. After I created the Firefox Sync Account from a desktop computer, I added the Firefox app to my iPhone, logged into the app with my newly created Account, and tried to sync Firefox on my cell phone. However, after all of that I found out that Add-Ons don't work on the Firefox app yet. I was bummed and remove the Firefox app from my cell phone since that was the whole purpose of loading it anyway.

Then the Signing and disabling issues started so I never actually got around to setting up any other devices with the Sync Account. Had the disabling issue not occurred, I probably would have logged into the Sync Account on my laptop so my reminders and tasks would sync up between my desktop computer and laptop computer.

So long answer short, currently I don't have the Firefox Sync option working on any device right now. I was only ever logged in on a desktop computer before I manually logged out yesterday afternoon. And now, Reminderfox is staying installed.

Kristine

Günter

Apr 12, 2016, 2:45:14 PM4/12/16
to Kristine Sunday, Colin Law, John Skelton, remin...@googlegroups.com, Tom Mutdosch

AFAIK Fx Sync would not sync the reminderfox.ics file which holds the reminders and todos. So adding FxSync to your lappy would make no sense for it. Sync between pc and other devices would require to use a remote calendar, another topic..  Maybe later or more on our doc pages.

An note about Reminderfox on mobile devices(iphone, android). Reminderfox has been started years ago (more than 10years??) and the technology used at time isn't compatible with todays technology. So there is no implementation, and I guess it will not.. it would be a total rewrite.

Hope your installation is stable now... as you said, fingercrossing

Günter

---- Kristine Sunday schrieb ----

Colin Law

Apr 12, 2016, 3:57:52 PM4/12/16
to John Skelton, Kristine Sunday, gNeandr, remin...@googlegroups.com, Tom Mutdosch
John

I don't know whether you have been following this thread today, but it
seems that Kristine may, hopefully, have homed in on her problem by
great determination and logic. Do you also by any chance have a
Firefox Account setup, as described at
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Identity/Firefox_Accounts

Colin

John Skelton

Apr 12, 2016, 4:12:11 PM4/12/16
to Colin Law, Kristine Sunday, gNeandr, remin...@googlegroups.com, Tom Mutdosch
I have been following the discussion but have to admit to being confused with some of the recent stuff. I am not aware that I have a FireFox Account setup, but may go back and try to understand all of what Kristine has been doing.

At the moment I have been using my personal fix (Clean Uninstall) when needed and ReminderFox does seem to continue operating for about a day before auto-disabling. I am wondering if the newest FireFox update today will have any impact on things.

John

Kristine Sunday

Apr 14, 2016, 1:28:27 AM4/14/16
to John Skelton, Colin Law, gNeandr, remin...@googlegroups.com, Tom Mutdosch
Reminderfox has stayed installed for another complete day. I believe my issue is resolved. Yay! I think my issue was related to being logged into the Firefox Sync account. Since I don't really need a Sync account, no harm in not being logged in 😀.

Thank you everyone for all of your help and patience. Let me know if you need any additional information from me on this issue. Otherwise, if you don't hear from me, all is good with Firefox and Reminderfox playing in the same sandbox.

Kristine

John Skelton

Apr 15, 2016, 3:24:39 PM4/15/16
to Kristine Sunday, Colin Law, gNeandr, remin...@googlegroups.com, Tom Mutdosch
Just thought I should mention that my ReminderFox has NOT been automatically disabled for a few days now. In fact I don't believe there have been any issues since the recent Firefox upgrade a few days ago. I wonder if the problems were all somehow related to Firefox? In any event, I am relieved that things are back to "normal" and I hope everyone else has had their issues resolved also.

John