Help Please

Matina Parthenis

Jan 23, 2020, 11:55:37 AM1/23/20
to remin...@googlegroups.com
Hi:

My reminderfox won't let me input new events.  All my previous ones are there and reminders still pop up.  It's only happened since the last update.  Can anyone please help me.  I'm not great at computing so need explicit instructions.  A while ago someone helped me when remindefox stopped being on Firefox Mozilla and helped me get it on Thunderbird.

Regards,
Matina.

torteval

Jan 23, 2020, 12:26:57 PM1/23/20
to ReminderFox
Hello, that must be because Thunderbird latest version doesn't support RemiderFox, what I have done is install Thunderbird version 60.9.1 and desactivate the automatic updates.

Paul Swain

Jan 24, 2020, 3:42:31 AM1/24/20
to mati...@bigpond.com, remin...@googlegroups.com
Matina Parthenis wrote on 23/01/2020 1:52 pm:
My reminderfox won't let me input new events.  All my previous ones are there and reminders still pop up.  It's only happened since the last update.  Can anyone please help me.  I'm not great at computing so need explicit instructions.

Hi Matina!

ReminderFox won't work with the latest version of Thunderbird.  There is more about that at https://groups.google.com/d/msg/reminderfox/MlYIeFOtpMs/0RiFOQbuAwAJ

You can easily move from ReminderFox to the Lightning calendar that is included with Thunderbird by importing your ReminderFox .ics file to Lightning.  There's information on the Lightning Calendar at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/thunderbird/calendar

I've found that the Lightning calendar works very well.

If you need help finding your ReminderFox .ics file please reply to this message and hopefully someone will be able to help you.  As I've moved to the latest version of Thunderbird, ReminderFox isn't working for me and I've forgotten the details, so I can't include them here.

Once you've got the .ics file, you can import it by going to the Events and Tasks section of the Thunderbird menu and selecting Import...

Paul

Matina Parthenis

Jan 24, 2020, 7:30:02 PM1/24/20
to ReminderFox Group
Hi Paul:

Thanks for the reply and info.  I’ll have to get my son to do this for me as it’s way beyond my expertise.  I’m sure he’ll be able to work it out with the links you’ve provided.

Appreciate your help.

Kind regards,
Matina.

<bcamjdknlonchome.png>

Paul

Matina Parthenis

Jan 24, 2020, 8:58:41 PM1/24/20
to ReminderFox Group
Hi:

Need help finding ReminderFox.ics file, hope someone can help me as Paul suggests.  As I've mentioned, I'm not that great at computers.

Matina.

Paul Swain

Jan 25, 2020, 3:31:40 AM1/25/20
to mati...@bigpond.com, ReminderFox Group

Hi Matina!

I remembered that I have a screenshot that should help you find the ReminderFox.ics file.

If you can get to the ReminderFox Options, the location of the file is shown on the General tab - see the ReminderFox Data section at the top of the tab:

If you can't get to the ReminderFox Options, if you go to the Help in the Thunderbird menu, and then choose Troubleshooting Information

Thunderbird will open a page with a whole lot of information.

In the first section, Application Basics, look for the Profile Folder line.  If you click on the button there it will open the folder where all the Thunderbird data is stored.  If you look in there you should find a reminderfox folder and the reminderfox.ics file should be in there.

Hopefully that gives you enough information to be able to get set up with a bit of help from your son.

Paul

--
ReminderFox - the simple Reminder application for Firefox and Thunderbird
http://www.reminderfox.org

Matina Parthenis

Jan 29, 2020, 5:29:27 AM1/29/20
to ReminderFox Group
Hi Paul:

Thanks for that.  I'll try it.  In the meantime, I found the Windows Calendar and it had all my reminders in it - don't know how though.  I can work with that if I can't get ReminderFox working.

Kind regards,
Matina.