[ReminderFox] Problem with Firefox/38.9 PaleMoon/26.3.3 -- was .. New Layout

Delia Todd

Jul 22, 2016, 11:22:47 AM7/22/16
to remin...@googlegroups.com
The latest update uploaded today is awful and the website 'tour' does
not match (it shows the old version) so is no help.

Clicking the icon takes you to a blank page with just "Set with JS"
(whatever that means) inside forward/back arrows . But no reminders listed.

Click on an arrow and I get 2017 reminders showing then have to click
the back arrow to get to today! The layout for that page is not very
user friendly... trying to find the place to click to add something for
tomorrow is not easy at all.

I would like to revert to the old layout please (it was so simple to use
with everything listed)  - how can I do that?

Please help! I tried posting on the Forum, but the post seems to have
got lost in the ether.

Delia Todd

This relates to ReminderFox installed on: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3;
WOW64; rv:38.9) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/2.1 Firefox/38.9 PaleMoon/26.3.3

Paul Swain

Jul 23, 2016, 2:31:01 AM7/23/16
to dltodd...@googlemail.com, remin...@googlegroups.com
'Delia Todd' via ReminderFox wrote on 22/07/2016 10:26 PM:
> The latest update uploaded today is awful and the website 'tour' does
> not match (it shows the old version) so is no help.
>
> Clicking the icon takes you to a blank page with just "Set with JS"
> (whatever that means) inside forward/back arrows . But no reminders
> listed.
>
> Click on an arrow and I get 2017 reminders showing then have to click
> the back arrow to get to today! The layout for that page is not very
> user friendly... trying to find the place to click to add something
> for tomorrow is not easy at all.
>
> I would like to revert to the old layout please (it was so simple to
> use with everything listed) - how can I do that?
>
> Please help! I tried posting on the Forum, but the post seems to have
> got lost in the ether.

Hi Delia!

Try the solution in
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/reminderfox/YOvW-9SvjbQ/P-rOPPKJsTkJ

According to the follow up to that post, there may be more that we need
to know, but unfortunately it wasn't posted to the list, and so I can't
provide you with it now. However, I am trying to get it, and will pass
it on when I have it.

Paul

Delia Todd

Jul 24, 2016, 5:10:10 PM7/24/16
to remin...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the reply Paul

The link you sent is not useful, as the images shown are for the layout
as I would like it to be, not how it is currently showing on my screen.

The link in that thread is broken and cannot be found.

I am using PaleMoon version 26.3.3 (x86) Windows 8.1

As I tried to explain. Opening ReminderFox gives me an almost completely
empty screen. When I eventually get a calendar for the month, it covers
the whole screen, with each reminder taking up an inordinately large
proportion of the screen, and some appear to be repeated?

I've attached some screen shots to show you what is happening.

1: Every time I open ReminderFox the screen looks like this
2: How the screen looks when I've managed to open the calendar for the month
3: The same screen, but scrolled down to see the rest of the reminders
(some of the reminders appear to be repeated)
4: This is a test I did using Thunderbird. The screen is how it used to
look on PaleMoon and how I would like it to appear.

(The problem with using RF on Thunderbird, is that the pop ups don't
appear when I'm working in PaleMoon, which is where I am for 95% of the
day and I have to be reminded when to take my meds.)

It is important to me to be able to call up the whole year reminders, if
necessary, something I've done on several occasions when wanting to
check on some past event. This does not appear to be possible just now.

I tried a "Search", for a future event, using the magnifying glass, but
that did not work at all.

I do hope you can help me.

How do I remove the pink ribbon reminder from the top right of my
screen? It is not necessary for me, with the one I prefer in the Task
Bar. NB though, this morning, the pop up there did not fade away, even
after clicking on it.

Delia

S0064014 Every open.jpg
S0014001 Get day.jpg
S0044012 Get day Scroll down.jpg
S0054013 Thunderbird.jpg

Paul Swain

Jul 25, 2016, 1:09:34 AM7/25/16
to dltodd...@googlemail.com, remin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Delia!

I've just heard back from the developers and PaleMoon is not supported.
Therefore, unless the process to detect any errors in your ICS file that
is set out in the link that I sent in my earlier reply works, there is
no solution. I don't understand your comment about the link in the post
setting out that process being broken as there are no links in the post.

Does the Lightning add-on work in PaleMoon?

Paul

Delia Todd

Jul 25, 2016, 7:50:19 AM7/25/16
to remin...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for you reply Paul.

Sadly, the icon circled in red is not showing anywhere on my screen. And I cannot see a way to do that via options either. I've managed to back up my reminders, but no idea yet, where they are in my system (not very good at this really). I'll try uninstalling and re-installing.

If that fails I'll have to use it on Thunderbird instead. (Is that supported?) But will that mean starting from scratch gulp!

My real worry is losing reminders for months ahead and for next year too.

I'm very sad that you cannot help me.

Strangely, the link to the forum seems to now still go to the same thread, but there was a link to something external which is no longer in that thread.... very odd.

I've installed Lightning, but as I don't use WordPerfect, I don't know if it works? Is that the Add-on you wanted me to test?

Delia

Colin Law

Jul 25, 2016, 8:57:18 AM7/25/16
to dltodd...@googlemail.com, remin...@googlegroups.com
On 25 July 2016 at 10:08, 'Delia Todd' via ReminderFox
<remin...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> Thank you for you reply Paul.
>
> Sadly, the icon circled in red is not showing anywhere on my screen. And I
> cannot see a way to do that via options either. I've managed to back up my
> reminders, but no idea yet, where they are in my system (not very good at
> this really). I'll try uninstalling and re-installing.

Don't do that you may lose the ability for RF to tell you where the
reminders file. If you open the dropdown on the fox icon and select
Backup & Restore > Restore then it may well open the folder where the
ics files are. Make a copy of Reminderfox.ics. In fact you might
like to make copies of all the ics files in that folder just in case.
If that doesn't work then you need to find where it palemoon has saved
it. Google suggests looking in $HOME/.moonchild productions/pale moon
where you may find the profile folders. Hopefully in one of those you
will find a reminderfox folder with your reminders in. You can look
at the dates to see when they were saved and can open them with a text
editor to check there is something useful there. You should see your
reminderfox along with other stuff.

> If that fails I'll have to use it on Thunderbird instead. (Is that
> supported?) But will that mean starting from scratch gulp!

Provided you have your ics file then just restore from it using Backup
& Restore > Restore and browse to the file.

Note to everyone. Make sure you take regular backups of your ics file
either as part of your normal backup procedure (you do have one of
course) or using the Backup & Restore > Backup option. Remember a
disc or PC may go up in smoke, literally or metaphorically, at any
time.

Colin

Paul Swain

Jul 26, 2016, 2:11:45 AM7/26/16
to dltodd...@googlemail.com, remin...@googlegroups.com

Hi Delia!

1.  Thunderbird is supported.  Colin has advised how to back up your ReminderFox data.  Once you've done that you can import all your existing reminders.  See http://www.reminderfox.org/optionsdialog/#backup for details - there is a link to Restore from Reminderfox backup file in the Backup section.

2.  I've checked and it appears that the Lightning add-on is only available for Thunderbird.  See https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/projects/calendar/ for details.  I don't know whether you could get it working for PaleMoon.

Paul

--
ReminderFox - the simple Reminder application for Firefox and Thunderbird
http://www.reminderfox.org

tort...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2016, 5:57:44 PM7/26/16
to ReminderFox, dltodd...@googlemail.com
I had the same problem, I use thunderbird 24.0.1, RemiderFox version 2.1.5.5.3.
RemiderFox has been updated today and its new layout is very difficult to understand and use. I wanted to go back to the previous layout, as in picture 4 of Delia, but I just keep getting it as in picture 1.
I didn't know what to do.
But I updated thunnderbird and reminderfox went to the right layout, as it was before (like picture 4).
Now, my thunderbir is 38.5.0
I hope I helped Delia.
This conversation is locked