Cannot post any new reminders

misspa...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2017, 10:53:54 AM1/26/17
to ReminderFox
I recently had my laptop wiped and the software reinstalled. I was still able to add new reminders at that point, but today I had to restore back to that point again. Now when I create a new reminder, it looks fine in the dialog box but does not post to the list of reminders at all. It just vanishes. The "save" button is grayed out, so I can't even try saving it. So I am unable to add any new reminders.

Paul Swain

Jan 27, 2017, 3:05:58 AM1/27/17
to misspa...@gmail.com, ReminderFox
misspa...@gmail.com wrote on 26/01/2017 10:40 AM:
I recently had my laptop wiped and the software reinstalled.  I was still able to add new reminders at that point, but today I had to restore back to that point again.  Now when I create a new reminder, it looks fine in the dialog box but does not post to the list of reminders at all. It just vanishes.  The "save" button is grayed out, so I can't even try saving it.  So I am unable to add any new reminders.

Hi!

Sounds like you've copied your existing Firefox/Thunderbird profile after reinstalling the software.  In this case, ReminderFox thinks that the reminderfox.ics file where it stores reminders is in a different location to the new profile location.

Could you please
  • confirm that you did copy your profile,
  • advise whether you have ReminderFox installed in Thunderbird or Firefox, and also
  • advise how confident you are making changes to your computer.
If you're impatient, and confident, have a look at https://groups.google.com/d/msg/reminderfox/HwV70TTc7XQ/CrTdjUETGAAJ and the following posts for the basic procedure that I'm currently expecting you'll need to follow.  Make sure that you have a copy of your reminderfox.ics file before doing anything.  If you're using Firefox, and don't mind reinstalling all your Add-ons, it may be easier to just refresh your profile - see https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings

Paul