Thunderbird 64.0b1 breaks Reminderfox

dhat...@gmail.com

Nov 7, 2018, 12:14:40 PM11/7/18
to ReminderFox
I've long used Reminderfox (10+ years), and, when Mozilla stopped updating it actively I was relieved to know that RF was probably not going to "break" the way that it did on Firefox.

Bad news. I've just been updated to TB 64.0b1, and Reminderfox has been disabled.

So, avoid the update if you can, and, in farewell, thanks to the authors for the truly great job they've done on RF over the years

David H

Guenter

Nov 7, 2018, 12:31:33 PM11/7/18
to ReminderFox
Hi David,
Reminderfox works with TB 60.3 which is the current official version.

The problem with TB > 60.3 is not with the Reminderfox code itself but -- as with many other addons -- the different changes because of the Mozilla stoppage of it's classic web technology.
The TB development team is working hard to make classic addon work also with TB version up to TB68. For addon's it's required to follow those changes.
The current Reminderfox dev updates work up to TB 63. A further support for beyond TB63 is very much open at the moment.

Guenter

Guenter

Nov 7, 2018, 12:34:23 PM11/7/18
to ReminderFox

nasu...@gmail.com

Nov 9, 2018, 5:52:37 AM11/9/18
to ReminderFox
Odd, TB 60.3.0 breaks ReminderFox for me. It's is marked as disabled.

If I follow the instructions here https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1230376 it will load Reminderfox but aside from having to select reminders to make the those and the calendar show, it will not add any reminder as it seems the date part is broken.

I've rolled back to TB 52.9.1. I use Reminderfox for my work stuff as well as personal. I love Reminderfox. Please fix this if you can!

nasu...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2018, 6:54:16 AM11/12/18
to ReminderFox
To anyone else in the same position as me, it was fixed with an update to Reminderfox. I didn't have the current version.

The moral of the story is: check for a Reminderfox update, before updating Thunderbird. And don't forget to back up your Reminderfox stuff - often!

:D