Cannot Ok or Apply the Reminderfox Options in Thunderbird.

dave.wh...@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2016, 9:26:16 AM10/9/16
to ReminderFox
Using Firefox 49.0.1 and Thunderbird 50.0b1 with latest Reminderfox as at 10th Oct 2016.

Initially both Firefox and Thunderbird showed the issue that, once the location for the ICS file had been set (a valid ics file is present) when going into the Reminderfox Options, the Reminderfox Options popup stayed onscreen and neither the Apply or Ok buttons worked nor was there any indication of what the issue was that prevented it from closing.
Additionally none of the available Remidnerfox entries were displayed.

Uninstalled Reminderfox from both Firefox and Thunderbird, reinstalled Reminderfox to both, tested again.

I now have Firefox displaying all the ics entries that I knew were there, and have the Apply and Ok buttons working in the Reminderfox Options (Options popup closes fine), but not so with Thunderbird. Still status quo that after changing the location (which is a Dropbox location but I know that this has worked previously very well for a long time and currently works when viewing through Firefox).

I have done some research but nothing has turned up that sheds any light on why the Reminderfox Options panel will not allow the Ok nor Apply buttons to work.

Any help appreciated.

TIA

gNeandr

Oct 10, 2016, 6:15:14 AM10/10/16
to dave.wh...@gmail.com, ReminderFox

Interesting .. you have

latest Reminderfox as at 10th Oct 2016.

Which version? It should be 2.1.5.5.3!?

Anyhow,

try to go for this:
-- close Reminderfox main dialog/list
-- Open the TB Preferences --> Advanced --> General --> [Config Editor ..]
-- to Search enter: extensions.reminderFox.storeFile
-- on the row use the right mouse click and "Reset"
-- Open the Reminderfox Options and check "Reminderfox Data Location" on the first tab. Eventually change from default location to an individual
(copied from this Reminderfox Forum https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/reminderfox/uhpozZSphPo)

Same for FX, hope it helps

Guenter

dave.wh...@gmail.com

Oct 10, 2016, 12:07:58 PM10/10/16
to ReminderFox, dave.wh...@gmail.com, gne...@web.de
Hi Guenter,
> Which version? It should be 2.1.5.5.3!?
Yes, it is v2.1.5.5.3

Have Reset that "extensions.reminderFox.storeFile" exactly as advised, and everythings now working fine.

I just can't explain why neither Ok nor Apply would work previously.
The buttons/button labels were not greyed out as if they were unavailable, and they went through the animation indicating they were being clicked, but... they just didn't work and clicking Ok, the Options window continued to stay open.

Ah well, fixed now so thanks very much for the help.

Dave