Advice please

Bob Prichard (outlook.com)

Jun 19, 2020, 6:56:30 AM6/19/20
to remin...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I have used Reminderfox for many years but recently an issue has occurred and could you be good enough to offer some advice as to how this can be rectified please.

It is now impossible for me to add any additional reminders. When the 'Foxy' icon is clicked nothing happens and no reminders are shown with mouse over. When the options menu is re-opened and customised the program remembers none of them when closed and re-opened. All have reverted back to the original settings.

I have tried uninstalling and then re-installing but the problem remains.

Any guidance would be much appreciated and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Bob Prichard

Paul Swain

Jun 19, 2020, 12:30:51 PM6/19/20
to ReminderFox
On Friday, 19 June 2020 20:56:30 UTC+10, Bob Prichard (outlook.com) wrote:

I have used Reminderfox for many years but recently an issue has occurred and could you be good enough to offer some advice as to how this can be rectified please.

It is now impossible for me to add any additional reminders.

Hi Bob!

Due to changes in Thunderbird, ReminderFox doesn't work any more so you'll need to find another calendar programme.

My reply in https://groups.google.com/d/msg/reminderfox/fr_MO6fvtNY/67FGecY3AgAJ will give you some guidance if you use Thunderbird.  If you've been using ReminderFox in Firefox, you'll need to find another calendar solution.

Paul

bob.pr...@outlook.com

Jun 21, 2020, 5:58:06 AM6/21/20
to remin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul,

Thanks for making contact. This is the only e-mail I have received from you. I would appreciate it if you could re-send any guidance etc you may have.. Life does not seem the same without Reminderfox  reminding me of upcoming events every time I open Thunderbird.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Take good care and above all stay safe.

Bob Prichard

On 21/06/2020 10:48, Paul Swain wrote:

Hi Bob!

Just realised that I didn't send my reply to you directly, and that therefore you may not have received it.

Hope it helps.

Jun 21, 2020, 6:30:50 AM6/21/20
to bob.pr...@outlook.com, ReminderFox Group

Hi Bob!

As you're using Thunderbird, everything you need is (hopefully) at https://groups.google.com/d/msg/reminderfox/fr_MO6fvtNY/67FGecY3AgAJ

Paul

bob.pr...@outlook.com

Jun 21, 2020, 7:58:06 AM6/21/20
to remin...@googlegroups.com

Hi again Paul,

Thankyou for the instructions. I have followed them so we will see?

Kind regards,

Bob prichard

Paul Swain

Jun 22, 2020, 4:51:21 AM6/22/20
to bob.pr...@outlook.com, remin...@googlegroups.com

Hi Bob!

You sound doubtful.  Have you checked that all your events are in the Lightning Calendar?

You can see the calendar by going to Events and Tasks in the Thunderbird menu, and then selecting Calendar:

A new tab showing the calendar should then appear, and you'll be able to see all your events.

If you leave the tab open when you close Thunderbird, it should be there when you start Thunderbird the next time.

Paul

bob.pr...@outlook.com

Jun 22, 2020, 6:09:39 AM6/22/20
to remin...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

Thank for your concern. Everything seems to work now - setting options etc. And I can also set reminders but they will not save. As soon as I exit Thunderbird and re-load the reminders have gone. I will tinker about and see if I can resolve this matter.

Take good care......