Sync WEBDAV does not work

Klaus-Ruediger Ludwig

Sep 15, 2015, 3:06:00 AM9/15/15
to remin...@googlegroups.com
Please describe your Feedback or Support Request and set an appropriate
'Subject'.

ReminderFox [2.1.5.2] release <'20150106_0904'>
Profile directory: C:\Dokumente und
Einstellungen\root\Anwendungsdaten\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\vnz96b70.default
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:40.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/40.0 (de)

I can not import my data from a webdav server with Firefox 40.0.3 when i use
Thunderbird it works correctly. In Firefox it stay in request and wait ...

--

MfG Klaus

Wir sind so schnell, wenn die Anderen noch fallen liegen wir schon.

Tom Mutdosch

Sep 18, 2015, 3:39:02 PM9/18/15
to Klaus-Ruediger Ludwig, remin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Klaus,

I can reproduce the issue using the latest FF 40.0.3.  It looks like something must have changed on the Firefox side of things. I'm not sure what that might be; I'll have to investigate further.
Thanks
Tom

--
ReminderFox - the simple Reminder application for Firefox and Thunderbird
http://www.reminderfox.org

Bill Ko

Sep 19, 2015, 8:27:58 PM9/19/15
to ReminderFox
Finally, a response.  I couldn't even get an acknowledgement of this issue with an email... Maybe they just got back from vacation.  :)

Guenter

Sep 25, 2015, 5:45:38 PM9/25/15
to ReminderFox
@Bill
Did you solved the problem also?
Due to my limited English knowledge .. was it an ironic remark? Only?

Remember this is a project driven in our spare time!

Bill Ko

Sep 26, 2015, 5:03:22 AM9/26/15
to ReminderFox
Sorry about the confusion.  No, I didn't solve it.

I do understand that it's free and that this isn't your day job.  :)  It was just assuming that someone would be watching the email account because it looked like a personal email.  No worries, I know the authors know about the issue.  That's good enough for me.  :)

Bill Ko

Oct 2, 2015, 1:17:55 AM10/2/15
to ReminderFox
Hey, guys:

Syncing with fruux (or google calendar account, provided you have a gmail address - for some reason, the Reminderfox developers decided that you can only use @gmail.com accounts) is an acceptable workaround until this feature is fixed - if it can be fixed, that is.  I am willing to bet that Firefox broke something trying to plug security holes and this crippled Reminderfox WebDAV support.  Maybe beyond fixing.  :(

Anyway, the only problem is that it won't sync on startup.  You'll have to click on the fox to update.  But at least it does update!

Bill Ko

Oct 2, 2015, 2:42:42 AM10/2/15
to ReminderFox
Oh, I should detail how I went about syncing.  Start up Firefox.  Go to the Reminderfox Options --> Sync --> Remote Servers (FTP/HTTP) and uncheck Automatically Sync... box. Then click OK.  Shut down Firefox.  Before starting up Firefox, rename your Reminderfox folder to something else.  I renamed mine to "Reminderfox old".  Start up Firefox.  It will make a new Reminderfox folder for you (but your WebDAV info will still be intact) and you will see zero events.  Then you want to get an account at Fruux.  Import the ICS file from your "Reminderfox old" folder to your calendar.  Select "sync" at the top and click on the "+ Sync with a new device" button.  Open the Reminderfox Options --> Sync --> Remote Calendars and follow the instructions to add Fruux to the list.  When you are done, the next time you click on the fox, it will download all your reminders to your new profile.  The reason why you have to do this is because Reminderfox won't send the old stuff to the calendar.  It will only send stuff you made since you first connected.  Importing your ICS file without making a new profile will leave you with all events duplicated.  WHEN (I am hopeful) this issue is resolved, disable Fruux, go to the Options --> Sync --> Remote Servers (FTP/HTTP) and check the Automatically sync... box.  You should then be back in business!
Message has been deleted

Bill Ko

Oct 2, 2015, 8:19:37 AM10/2/15
to ReminderFox
Yikes, and yet one more thing.  For every installation of Firefox - or T-bird, for that matter - do everything except import the file into Fruux because you already have a functioning calendar!
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Guenter

Nov 12, 2015, 4:31:30 AM11/12/15