ReminderFox: Two small feature requests

VLM Tech Admin

Aug 8, 2016, 8:10:29 PM8/8/16
to Remin...@googlegroups.com

Greetings, and thank you for providing this fine add-on. I’m using it in the Pale Moon fork, seems to work fine.

My two suggestions:

1.      When a user selects Add Event (ctrl-a in Windows), the selects More >>, leave this as the default. Some users (like me) may wish to view this dialog fully opened at all times; others may not. But I suspect that few would deliberately toggle back and forth.

2.      Provide a keyboard shortcut for opening the Add Event dialog. (If there already is one, then I don’t know what it is.) Preferably, this shortcut should be user-configurable in the Options. That enables each user to follow his/her own intuition and avoid conflicts.

Thanks for listening!

Elchanan, Vibrant Living Ministries

Tom Mutdosch

Aug 8, 2016, 10:37:26 PM8/8/16
to tech...@vibrantlivingministries.org, Remin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Elchanan,

I think it makes sense to make the More>> section "sticky", to remember the last state. That's not currently possible, but that is a really good suggestion. In the meantime, you can at least get the items you use frequently to always show:

Go to ReminderFox options -> Reminder dialog tab and at the bottom you can change the items that fall under the More button. If you clear out the entries, then all of the items will be visible by default.

As for the keyboard shortcut, I'll have to take a look. We used to have one, but browsers are notorious for intercepting global keyboard shortcuts for the browser's own usage. I think we might have to reassign a new one.

Thanks
Tom

--
ReminderFox - the simple Reminder application for Firefox and Thunderbird
http://www.reminderfox.org