Alarms dialog is not being displayed

David Hicks

Mar 8, 2016, 12:46:12 PM3/8/16
to ReminderFox
(For similar reports to the Group, see "Alarms not displayed first time firefox opens" by Jo Petranka, 1/2/15 and "Alarms not working" by Andy, 12/21/14). Those users were using RF on Firefox and I'm using it on Thunderbird, but my problem seems to be the same as they reported.

My About RF:
ReminderFox  [2.1.5.4]   release    <'20160102_1100'>
  Profile directory: C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\upovl7r7.default
  Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/38.6.0 (en-US)

The Alarms dialog does not open consistently. In the past, it would always open when first starting Thunderbird. Now it's not opening at all--that is, not when Tbird is opened and not periodically, as it should do. For several weeks, the Alarms dialog worked properly. Now I can open and close Tbird, and Alarms dialog is never displayed. I don't know if the change in behavior corresponded with a Tbird update or not. This problem seems to "come and go" with no logical pattern. It works for a couple of days or weeks, then stops working, then starts working again ...

I use multi-tabbed Alarms dialog.

I DO have upcoming events that have reminders set for today. I usually have plenty of such events throughout the month. In the past, the Alarms dialog would open every few minutes. In case it matters, I never mark events with "Snooze," but my Alarms preset for Snooze is currently set to 5 mins.

Guenter

Mar 8, 2016, 1:06:11 PM3/8/16
to ReminderFox
Hi David,
Thanks for your report. To understand your situation I need more details:

1.Do you use Reminderfox together with a remote system? Like icalx.com and you are syncing with http/ftp?
Or do you use a remote calendar system like Google Calendar or fruux or OwnCloud etc?

2. If you use a remote calendar, do you snooze/delay/complete the event on that remote calendar and/or on Reminderfox.

3. You describe with opening TB the Reminderfox Alarms are not displayed. Can you tell which sort of events you are looking for: repeative and/or "remind until completed". Here it would be helpful to get the "source" notation of the event in question. Could you open the reminderfox.ics file with a text editor and search for the event. Copy the event from the line "BEGIN:VEVENT" to "END:VEVENT".

Thanks for your cooperation!

Guenter