ReminderFox No Longer saves Reminders not marked as completed.

a.mu...@americangotv.com

Mar 3, 2017, 7:01:43 PM3/3/17
to remin...@googlegroups.com

Since I have updated my ReminderFox installation, the program does not save reminders beyond the scheduled date whether they are completed or not ... It just skips over them and moves on.

This has never been the case in the past.  If I have a reminder set for March 1st, but no completed, the program used to keep the reminder visible until I marked it complete.   That is no longer the case.  The reminder disappears whether or not it has been marked complete.

Why have you changed this or am I missing something … what good is a reminder that disappears whether or not it has been completed on-time.  If you have no solution to offer, I will be looking for some other program to keep me on track.  Reminder Fox no longer does that.

  1. Murray

... Please set a descriptive 'Subject' for your request ... ___________________________________________________________ This relates to ReminderFox installed on: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/51.0

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Guenter

Mar 3, 2017, 7:06:51 PM3/3/17
to ReminderFox
You asked:

Why have you changed this or am I missing something …

Definitely we have not changed RmFX to work like you described. From your posting there is no details about the versions you used and are using. Is it possible to add that to your post?
Also it would be of interest, do you sync RmFX with a remote Calendar like GCal or fruux or similar?

Günter

Paul Swain

Mar 4, 2017, 3:03:44 AM3/4/17
to a.mu...@americangotv.com, remin...@googlegroups.com
a.mu...@americangotv.com wrote on 4/03/2017 7:08 AM:

Since I have updated my ReminderFox installation, the program does not save reminders beyond the scheduled date whether they are completed or not ... It just skips over them and moves on.

This has never been the case in the past.  If I have a reminder set for March 1st, but no completed, the program used to keep the reminder visible until I marked it complete.   That is no longer the case.  The reminder disappears whether or not it has been marked complete.

Hi!

Please check the defaults on the Reminder Dialog tab in the ReminderFox Options:

It's possible that the Remind daily until completed option is no longer checked.

Paul

Art Murray

Mar 8, 2017, 2:40:35 PM3/8/17
to Paul Swain, remin...@googlegroups.com
Paul,

Thanks for your reply.  However that did not fix what I am concerned about.  Turning on this feature appears to continue the notifications, but the original task still drops off the list (as if it were completed).  As I said, this was not the case as long as I have been using ReminderFox.  If I had a task set for March 8th and I failed to mark it complete, when I returned to ReminderFox on March 9th or 10th, that "not completed" task would still be on the Reminder list.  Currently, my reminders drop off the list, whether I complete them or not.  I want them to stay on the list until I mark them "completed."

Let me know if you have any other fix in mind.  Art

Art Murray
AmeriCan GOTV Enterprises, LLC
Direct Line: 828-221-0169
TF: 866.633.GOTV (4688)
www.americangotv.com
www.registeredvoterlists.com
www.eCampaignNews.com
www.robocalls.net

Guenter

Mar 8, 2017, 5:39:40 PM3/8/17
to ReminderFox, ata...@zaparaxy.net
Hi Arthur,
also you didn't answered my questions let us try to get some more details.

First, please define a new/additional reminder file to make sure the current reminder file isn't the problem. For that open Reminderfox Options. On tab "General" with Reminderfox Data section define a new ICS data file. With this your current will not be lost, but to be sure you can store it at a location of your choice (also external/usb).
After you have that new empty reminder data / main list add a new reminder and check with the problem you mentioned.

Next please check the Firefox console about Reminderfox related messages. For that on a Firefox page press these three keys together: Cntrl Shift J
That will open the console. Please select Reminderfox related logging and copy to a reply mail.

Hope those step will help to understand better ... beside the other points I asked before.
Guenter

Art Murray

Mar 14, 2017, 9:50:34 AM3/14/17
to Paul Swain, remin...@googlegroups.com
Paul,

Just an update .... I found the feature that was causing me grief and decided to provide you with the information, since you were unable to help me ... maybe it will come up again and you can help someone else.

In Options, under the Main Dialog Tab, then under Repeating Reminders, you can Show all or the last number of previous occurrences.  If you also select Hide Completed Items, these past occurrences will not disappear until they have been marked as completed.  This way, an item that has gone past due, remains in sight, until you have manually marked it as complete.

Best, and thanks for getting back to me in the first place.  Art