Alarms for Lists?

downt...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2014, 12:17:13 AM4/9/14
to remin...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Trying to make myself at home in ReminderFox.

The concept of Lists sounds very helpful. For instance, I would like to set up Lists of reminders related to Health checkups, to Backups, to Taxes, etc.
The only problem I am encountering is that the List edit dialog does not have the "Remind Until Completed" checkbox.
So I create these beautiful lists, but I do not get the alarms for items I need to do.

Am I missing something? Or are lists a feature that is still being worked on?

Thank you for your insights and the useful software,

DJ

Paul Swain

Apr 9, 2014, 9:30:35 PM4/9/14
to downt...@gmail.com, remin...@googlegroups.com
downt...@gmail.com wrote on 9/04/2014 5:17 AM (UK time):
The concept of Lists sounds very helpful. For instance, I would like to set up Lists of reminders related to Health checkups, to Backups, to Taxes, etc.
The only problem I am encountering is that the List edit dialog does not have the "Remind Until Completed" checkbox.
So I create these beautiful lists, but I do not get the alarms for items I need to do.

Am I missing something? Or are lists a feature that is still being worked on?
Hi DJ!

If I understand what you're trying to do, then using the Categories function (see below) within normal reminders is what you probably want.

You can name the categories whatever you want, and then when you have some set up, you can select from those existing categories by clicking on the icon on the right in the highlighted section.  There is also an option there to manage the categories you have set up.

Once you've allocated categories to reminders, then in the main ReminderFox window you can display the reminders in a category using the Search function:

Note that you need to click on the down arrow next to the magnifying glass and then select Categories (as shown) to search against categories.

Hope that helps.

Paul

DJ

Apr 9, 2014, 10:59:52 PM4/9/14
to remin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul!

Thank you, that helps a lot and answers my question.

Your videos are terrific and also helped in that direction.
I was confused between Lists, To Dos, Reminders and Categories. Excited to try out your software over a few weeks to try and replace Google Calendar.

In your videos, there are tabs for various lists at the top of the window. That feature doesn't exist in Thunderbird, is that correct?

Thank you again.
Wishing you a beautiful day

DJ

Tom Mutdosch

Apr 10, 2014, 7:56:58 AM4/10/14
to DJ, remin...@googlegroups.com
Hi DJ,

Yes, the custom lists are now represented in the dropdown list (Reminders/ToDos/....) and not tabs.
With tabs, some users would run into problems once they had 5 or 6 custom list tabs where they would start running out of screen real estate.  The videos have not been re-recorded to reflect that, but the functionality is the same.

Thanks
Tom

--
ReminderFox - the simple Reminder application for Firefox and Thunderbird
http://www.reminderfox.org