Remarkable 4.0.0.alpha3 (pre-release) now available

Ho-Sheng Hsiao

Jun 8, 2010, 3:36:08 PM6/8/10
to Remarkable

http://ruby-lambda.blogspot.com/2010/06/remarkable-400alpha3.html

Why Upgrade: this release tracks changes in RSpec 2.0.0.alpha11

This release was mostly contributed by João Vitor (http://github.com/
joaovitor) and Louis T. (http://github.com/negonicrac)

Ho-Sheng Hsiao
http://ruby-lambda.blogspot.com

millisami

Jun 11, 2010, 2:54:27 PM6/11/10
to Remarkable
Hi,
I tried to install via bundler on rails3 app, but it doesn't get
installed.
-----------------
ruby-1.9.1-p378@rails3 [~/rails3_apps/mero_music (master)⚡] ➔ bundle
install --relock
Updating git://github.com/hosh/remarkable.git
Fetching source index from http://rubygems.org/
Updating git://github.com/hosh/remarkable.git
Could not find gem 'remarkable (>= 0, runtime)' in git://github.com/hosh/remarkable.git
(at master).
Source does not contain any versions of 'remarkable (>= 0, runtime)'
-----------------

This is my gem file:

source 'http://rubygems.org'

gem 'rails', '3.0.0.beta3'
gem 'sqlite3-ruby', :require => 'sqlite3'

# Use unicorn as the web server
gem 'unicorn'

group :test do
gem 'rspec', '2.0.0.beta.11'
gem 'rspec-rails', '2.0.0.beta.11'
gem "remarkable", :git => "git://github.com/hosh/remarkable.git"
gem "factory_girl"
end
-------------
As you'd announced its alpha3 at http://ruby-lambda.blogspot.com/2010/06/remarkable-400alpha3.html
and you said to install rspec 2.0.0.alpha11, but there ain't any on
rubygems.org at http://rubygems.org/gems/rspec/versions

Instead it has 2.0.0.beta.11 as the latest. Where can I find that
alpha11 of rspec and does the remarkable installs via :git with
bundler?

Ho-Sheng Hsiao

Jun 11, 2010, 6:09:04 PM6/11/10
to Remarkable

Are you trying to develop new macros and matchers?

If you're not working on remarkable itself, don't use the git version:

group :test do
gem 'rspec', '>= 2.0.0.alpha11'
gem 'rspec-rails', '>= 2.0.0.alpha11'
gem 'remarkable', '>=4.0.0.alpha4'
gem 'remarkable_activemodel', '>=4.0.0.alpha4'
gem 'remarkable_activerecord', '>=4.0.0.alpha4'
end

Follow the direction in the README on the rspec2 branch
http://github.com/remarkable/remarkable/blob/v4.0.0.alpha4/remarkable_activerecord/README

Ho-Sheng Hsiao
http://hosheng.blogspot.com/

On Jun 11, 2:54 pm, millisami <millis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I tried to install via bundler on rails3 app, but it doesn't get
> installed.
> -----------------
> ruby-1.9.1-p378@rails3 [~/rails3_apps/mero_music (master)⚡] ➔ bundle
> install --relock
> Updating git://github.com/hosh/remarkable.git
> Fetching source index fromhttp://rubygems.org/
> Updating git://github.com/hosh/remarkable.git
> Could not find gem 'remarkable (>= 0, runtime)' in git://github.com/hosh/remarkable.git
> (at master).
> Source does not contain any versions of 'remarkable (>= 0, runtime)'
> -----------------
>
> This is my gem file:
>
> source 'http://rubygems.org'
>
> gem 'rails', '3.0.0.beta3'
> gem 'sqlite3-ruby', :require => 'sqlite3'
>
> # Use unicorn as the web server
> gem 'unicorn'
>
> group :test do
>   gem 'rspec', '2.0.0.beta.11'
>   gem 'rspec-rails', '2.0.0.beta.11'
>   gem "remarkable", :git => "git://github.com/hosh/remarkable.git"
>   gem "factory_girl"
> end
> -------------
> As you'd announced its alpha3 athttp://ruby-lambda.blogspot.com/2010/06/remarkable-400alpha3.html
> and you said to install rspec 2.0.0.alpha11, but there ain't any on
> rubygems.org athttp://rubygems.org/gems/rspec/versions

Ho-Sheng Hsiao

Jun 11, 2010, 6:16:59 PM6/11/10
to Remarkable

On Jun 11, 2:54 pm, millisami <millis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As you'd announced its alpha3 athttp://ruby-lambda.blogspot.com/2010/06/remarkable-400alpha3.html
> and you said to install rspec 2.0.0.alpha11, but there ain't any on
> rubygems.org athttp://rubygems.org/gems/rspec/versions
>
> Instead it has 2.0.0.beta.11 as the latest. Where can I find that
> alpha11 of rspec and does the remarkable installs via :git with
> bundler?

It is available on Rubygems.

sudo gem install rspec --pre

And to install the pre-release of Remarkable 4a4:

sudo gem install remarkable_activerecord --pre

Ho-Sheng Hsiao
http://hosheng.blogspot.com/

Sachin Sagar Rai

Jun 12, 2010, 9:42:09 AM6/12/10
to remarka...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I have now installed remarkable active_record and its working.
But still one thing about that version of rspec, I created a new gemset and installed rspec --pre and it installs the xxx.beta, not aplha.

ree-1.8.7-2010.02@rspec [~/staticsites/nepalonrails (master)⚡] ➔ gem install rspec --pre

  Thank you for installing rspec-core-2.0.0.beta.11

  This is beta software. If you are looking
  for a supported production release, please
  "gem install rspec" (without --pre).

  Thank you for installing rspec-expectations-2.0.0.beta.11

  This is beta software. If you are looking
  for a supported production release, please
  "gem install rspec" (without --pre).

  Thank you for installing rspec-mocks-2.0.0.beta.11

  This is beta software. If you are looking
  for a supported production release, please
  "gem install rspec" (without --pre).

  Thank you for installing rspec-2.0.0.beta.11

  This is beta software. If you are looking
  for a supported production release, please
  "gem install rspec" (without --pre).

Successfully installed rspec-core-2.0.0.beta.11
Successfully installed diff-lcs-1.1.2
Successfully installed rspec-expectations-2.0.0.beta.11
Successfully installed rspec-mocks-2.0.0.beta.11
Successfully installed rspec-2.0.0.beta.11
5 gems installed

What I want to say is that there ain't any alpah11 release, instead beta.11 is there in rubygems.
Its not the problem but just for others that its the beta.11 of rspec to be used.

Thanks again.

Sachin Sagar Rai (aka - millisami)
Freelance Ruby on Rails Web Developer
http://www.tfm.com.np