Where to Begin...(4 Oct 2006) (4th post)

1 view

中村広

Dec 3, 2009, 11:53:42 AM12/3/09
to relive...@googlegroups.com

I don't even know where to start. You're about to be critted by a wall of text.

My trip to New York was more than just a trip. It was a life changing event.

I found a comic starring me. I went to the author to find him dead with his brain missing. I got arrested. I found out I was five weeks into the future. I saw a nuclear explosion. I came back to present day Tokyo with the comic book in hand, my only proof that I went to the future.

Ok, so back to the beginning. I was looking for the ramen shop that people were recommending near Kinokuniya. Oh, by the way, I was able to repost my last blog entry that was on my cell phone. My phone's memory doesn't seen to get affected by time travelling. Cool. I was enjoying the sights and sounds of New York, but everyone was in a rush to get somewhere like Tokyo. Do New Yorkers smile? I thought they liked Japanese people because of Matsui. Boo. So, on my way to the book store,

I found a comic book with me on the cover. \(^o^)/ Wow! That's so cool, but quite perplexing. The scary newsstand owner wouldn't let me read it there so I had to make a run for it. I didn't steal it though. A hero would never steal. I payed him. In yen. In fact, I over payed him with 1000 yen. I even told him he can keep the change. (^_^)

The comic book retold everything I did yesterday. (?-?) I found the author's address on the back of the comic book and decided to go meet him. Do all American comic books put the address of their author's on the back? If so, I need to buy an X-Men so I can meet Stan Lee or Tim Sale.

I got to Mister Isaku's house and the door was unlocked! (O.o) I heard New York was dangerous but I guess it's safe enough to keep doors unlocked. I entered his house and it seemed pretty empty. I found many paintings and then I found an unfinished comic of myself. The first panel was me talking on the phone. The second panel was me looking at my watch. The third panel was me with eyes wide open with a look of shock. The fourth panel was empty. I then saw a trail of blood and then a gun next to it.

Note to all my fellow gamers. In a game, you see a weapon on the floor, you pick it up. In real life, you see a weapon on the floor, probably not a good idea to pick it up.

I followed the trail to find the author dead! \(>o<)/ Then the police rushes in, they yell something. My guess would be drop your weapons and put your hands up. Seems to be universal among all cops. The next thing I know I was being helped up by the cops. Guess I fainted. They started interrogating me. They were pretty mean, but it looked like they were Trekkies, so that was comforting. They tell me that it was not October 2 but November 8. Then I see a big flash and New York crumbling to a nuclear explosion like thing. I concentrate and I came back. After I returned to present day Tokyo I had a chance to do some soul searching at my grandfather's grave and now I know what I must do.

Do you believe in the Butterfly Effect? I do. Nobody has to see the future I saw. The future can be changed. That is my destiny.

I've been dreaming for a moment like this my whole life. I've become Chrono in Chrono Trigger or Trunks in Dragon Ball. I've become the hero in my own RPG. Except that this isn't a game. This is real. There is no saved game or cheat codes. I get no Phoenix Downs. There is no game over. There can't be.

I'm excited to take this journey as a hero. In reality, I'm scared. But I have to, and will overcome it. I will not be like Trunks or Akira. I won't live in a post-apocalyptic world. I'm going to save the world! I hope I find my Marle and Lucca though. And soon.

This is beginning of my adventure.

With great power comes great responsibility, Hiro

P.S. On the November 8th paper, it said "wins by landslide". What's does landslide mean?

Auto-Translated by: Yamagato Software