r9y-discuss 📈 is TO-MOR-ROW !

Steve McGhee

Apr 15, 2024, 1:07:40 PMApr 15
to Reliability discussion group
yes, I hyphenated tomorrow, for no reason.   this is coming from the guy that made r9y because he can't spell, what can I say?

Tomorrow will be our Nth (not actually counting) edition of r9y-discuss.
I hope you can make it!

As always, we will discuss reliability (I spelled it!) in a safe space, following Chatham House Rules: https://uk.practicallaw.thomsonreuters.com/7-201-2615 -- a special note, I will be kicking any 'bots (including those auto note-taking ones), sorry!

Bring a friend!

[r9y.dev/discuss] Let's talk about Reliability Engineering
Tuesday, April 16 · 09:30 – 10:30
Time zone: America/Los_Angeles
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/kdk-hnmf-yjp
Or dial: ‪(US) +1 609-491-2429‬ PIN: ‪478 299 241‬#
More phone numbers: https://tel.meet/kdk-hnmf-yjp?pin=4362527073963

Feedback is a gift! :

- Steve

Steve McGhee

Apr 22, 2024, 2:20:53 PMApr 22
to Reliability discussion group
thanks for attending, folks!  we had 20 attendees and the topics were:

How do you balance your CI/CD processes with the need to make rapid changes during an incident?

Formal Human Factors training or education for your engineers?
https://dmd.solutions/blog/2021/02/15/what-are-the-dirty-dozen-factors-that-may-lead-to- catastrophic-consequences-in-aviation/

Good practices about Adaptative Paging

Quantative metrics for SRE adoption
issues from eng vs issues from customers. (ratio?)
MTTR? ("shallow metric" though)
https://www.thevoid.community/report
"basement light" -- showing what was previously hidden
what were you trying to fix with SRE to begin with?

Good practices for SRE